Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

Sad day for my taurus

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Naughty Nate 
#1 ·
So I got this car a 2001 Taurus se 150,000+ miles back in January and since then I’ve changed the belt tensioner, the belt, the cam position sensor, and most recently the transmission range sensor. She’s not running right I can feel she’s not downshifting or slow to down shift when I’m slowing down.(or maybe I’m just not noticing it) she’s idling kinda rough and I’m done with it so yesterday I went to ford and was approved for a 2017 escape and that’s what I’m gonna do escape this pos SE Taurus. So she’s going on my local craigslist and I’m selling her. I’ve still got my station wagon project another Taurus but the ses wagon with the Duratec I’ve just gotta change the torque converter and she should be running around like she used to. Project station wagon is only at 85,000 miles so I’m not worried about her breaking down or anything again anytime soon. Unless of course I start doing a ton of burnouts in it again. (Those Duratec motors are fun) just wanted to vent about the pos se though I’m so over it giving me problems. Started idling rough when I changed the range sensor. If anyone knows how I could fix that before it’s sold please let me know so I can fix it or just tell whoever buys it how to fix it.

#6 ·
If you are willing to fix your own vehicles, then a live data scan tool is worth the small cost 100 times over. There are pretty good Bluetooth scanners and programs for your phone. Look up Torque Pro for example. The program is $5 and is one of the best out there for the average guy. It will enable graphing as well as Mode 6 data to check things like the misfire monitor, evap issues, etc.

Get yourself at least a cheap one and we can narrow stuff down much faster and easier.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.