Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't post that much but I did lurk. My mint '06 SEL fell victom to my teenage son taking it for a joy ride with his freinds and wrecking it. I got it fixed but it wasn't the same so I traded it for a Lincoln MKZ AWD loaded sta/nav, THX the works.

I miss her only had just under 35,000 miles no lie.

from this..

to this..

has you can see the wheel took a good hit and it wasn't the same and made a noise after at certain speeds. I had it looked at a few times but nothing fixed it, I was so ticked she wasn't the same anymore I had to let her go it bothered me to much :(.

I know have this..

loved the site and I loved my bull, don't get me wrong the Lincoln is nice but I still miss her. It's sad all around.

·
Premium Member
7,307 Posts
Sorry to hear about your loss.
Nice newer car though.
Now your son can ride his bike!!:lol2:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So how does your son like driving the Lincoln?
He isn't a bad kid so don't get the wrong impression. We delt with it and he knows he f'ed up. This was awhile ago I finally posted it. he was a senior fell to peer pressure and made a huge mistake. He is now graduated and in college life goes on.

How much is dealer paying you for the advertising? I'm talking about that black decal under 'LINCOLN'
LOL. yeah I hate that crap. The Taurus had one also, actually all of my cars at one time but I take them off. They used to use stickers which I got off but where a pia but my dealer switched to a puffy emblem style much easier. I just heated it with a blow dryer and cut into it with dental floss and cleaned off the left over adhesive.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
The MKZ is a much better car than the Taurus, it's nice to treat yourself after the kids are off the college. Does the MKZ have the heated/air conditioned seats? I could sure use air conditioned seats here in central TX during the summer! That's why I didn't get the Taurus with leather, becouse of the long, hot, sticky summer heat.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The MKZ is a much better car than the Taurus, it's nice to treat yourself after the kids are off the college. Does the MKZ have the heated/air conditioned seats? I could sure use air conditioned seats here in central TX during the summer! That's why I didn't get the Taurus with leather, becouse of the long, hot, sticky summer heat.
Thanks, yeah it's a really nice car I like it.yes it does have heated/cooled driver/pass seats, nice thing is they are standard on the Lincoln.

·
Premium Member
2,543 Posts

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
I had a 09 Fusion I sold for the Taurus. The Taurus is better in at least one way. It is paid for! Other than that the Fusion was a nice car.

·
Registered
23,578 Posts
I guess im lmao because with 3 sons, the middle and youngest crunched so many cars, they became known as Crash 1 and Crash 2 to family, friends and neighbors. They still retain the nicknames to this day much to their disdain. They know better than to ask to borrow someones car lol!

·
Premium Member
7,307 Posts

Not to mention that the MKZ costs a bit more!! :lol2:
Hopefully my next car will be a 2010 SEL Fusion 3.0 or Fusion Sport 3.5!!:wub:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts