Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay don't flame me if i posted in the wrong section, i could'nt find the race tread.

anyway, my mom was driving yesterday and this guy in a bmw coupe a 323.
but her and the guy was edging at the stop light and they took off, the guy lost, i mean you can tell he was racing, his engine was revving hard, and he LOST!
damn . . .
that was a good race.
the guy was totally pissed too.
:D

·
Registered
352 Posts
TCCOA doesnt support or promote racing, so no race treads here. HOWEVER, I would recomend goodyears for race treads,personally, although I know some guys like toyos,and still others like Yokohamas or bridgestones. :weirdthread:

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
It had to be a 'tec. I've beaten 325s off the line, as well as a 328 once. I've never raced a 330, but I'm sure that the 330ci would whoop me arse. The 3-series bimmers are fast, but the 'tec is a pretty damn fast engine in itself.

I do think mom raced...if so, get your mom to join up! :lol2:

JR

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol, it was my mom.
the sable has a 3.8 engine, it was fun though.
the car needs a tune-up, but it still run's good.

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
Nice :)

I wonder what a duratec vs essex race would be....

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Do you really need to ask?

The Essex has the 'tec in torque, but not by much. The 'tec has the Essex in hp, and by quite a bit. Basically, you're looking at the Essex beating the 'tec until 20 mph, then the 'tec taking a lead pipe filled with concrete to the Essex all the way up the hp curve.

JR

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the car is fast, she raced a t-bird and beat it, thier's been other's she raced. she raced my dad's 95 240sx and beat him.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts