Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

As most of you know, Im doing my SHO-ABLE project. Well I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but the Taurus uses the Park Lamps as Turnsignals as well. But the Sable has tunsignals in the grill and park lamps in the headlamp assembly.

With that said, I need to convert my park lights into bother Parking and Turnsignals... Any one have an idea on how to convert it? Wiring Diagram?

Thanks in advance...

Sal

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
You'd probably need the bulb holder for the Taurus parking light. Then just splice the exiting wires onto that. Haynes manuals have wiring diagrams. There might also be one on AutoZone's website (look for the repair guide section).

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
If it were me, I would get the Ford EVTM (Electronic Vac Troubleshooting Manual). This is published by Ford and has every wire diagram you need. If you ask me, everyone should have one of these on hand. Here are a few I found on ebay...

96 EVTM

EVTM 2

Sal, don't you have access to diagrams at work?

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
the taurus uses a 2 element bulb, the sable uses 2 seperate bulbs to do the same thing.

Directions (duplicate for both sides):

Wire the turn signal positive output from the sable to the major taurus filiment.

Wire the sable positive parking lamp output to the taurus minor filiment.

Wire the taurus ground to the parking or turn singal ground

This is the easy way to do it. If you want the full taurus wiring, grab an ETVM and go at it! (not fun)

Brad

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
Brad are you talking about using the bulb holder from a Taurus too?? Or using my existing bulb holder from my Sable.

Sal

1 - 9 of 9 Posts