Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the Sable has been through some rough times recently with the accident and all. Been rolling on steel wheels in the rear for a couple of days. (Its funny how you learn that the 14s off a GEN1 and 2 Taurus wont fit on the front wheels... but will in the rear due to the offset of the steel wheel). Well, anyhow... Things are starting to look normal around here again....

Here's the Sable on the lift at work... Me taking on the steel wheels (to the left of the car) and adding the 225s back on him/her (Inside Joke) (Ventus tires also to the left of the car)

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/8/web/380000-380999/380592_244_full.jpg' alt='' width='575' height='431' class='attach' />[/url]

This one is the Sable on the ground with the new wheels... Also there's a Taurus that came into the shop to get a battery installed. Today there were like 3-4 Taurus that came into the shop... lol Little things though.

[url=http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/8/web/380000-380999/380592_245_full.jpg][img]http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/8/web/380000-380999/380592_245_full.jpg' alt='' width='575' height='431' class='attach' />[/url]

Here's the Sable getting it's Alignment checked. Looks nice up in the air like that...

[url=http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/8/web/380000-380999/380592_246_full.jpg][img]http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/8/web/380000-380999/380592_246_full.jpg' alt='' width='575' height='431' class='attach' />[/url]

Look how bad it is... :(

[url=http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/8/web/380000-380999/380592_247_full.jpg][img]http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/8/web/380000-380999/380592_247_full.jpg' alt='' width='575' height='431' class='attach' />[/url]

Im planning on drilling out the spot welds at the top of the strut towers on the front. Also getting the GP Arms for the rear to fully adjust the Camber.

I just thought I would share with everyone. Im taking the Sable in to the shop tomorrow to get the front end painted... Wish me luck guys!!

Sal = SVT SABLE OWNER!

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Looks good!

Also, the 14's won't fit the front due to the larger front brakes. I think the last time 14's were offered was in 93, when the brakes were puny.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
new wheels! El Yay!!! :banana:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Bob, yeah... I found that out the wrong way.

"Hey this isn't mounting up... Oh, Brake Caliper sorta in the way...lol"

Yeah. the Sable is coming together quite well now. I'll take pics of it as soon as it's all painted and done. Thanks again

Sal

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can't wait to see the finished project....it's so exciting! :lol2:

·
Premium Member
1,525 Posts
I am glad to see your car coming back together. I can't wait to see it painted. If you want a rear deck like mine let me know, and I will see what I can do about getting a rear deck peice to make you one.

·
Premium Member
599 Posts
Like you said, the car looks great up in the air. Good to hear about the paint job. Can't wait to see the final result. Keep up the good work man! :D

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got replacements for the wheels I originally had. I am planning on saving for some 18 sometime soon.

I will let you know Chris. That would look hot on the Sable.

I'll update you all on the progress. Im heading out to the paint shop right now after this post. So wish him/her (inside joke again) Luck!!

Peace!!!!!

Sal

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So now I got the Sable in the shop. Friend of mine is spraying it for me. He unfortunetly works at a bad rep shop. But one of my close friends. Oh well, it should be done in a couple of days and Im going to be out there tomorrow to see how it's coming along. Well things are looking up for my friend the Sable.

Sal

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If it's a bad rep shop, at least make sure your friend preps the bumper cover properly before painting it. Nothing worse than a nice ride with a chipped/peeling bumper.

Personally, I can't wait to see the finished product! I like the looks.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
With the paint shops, its more about the workmanship of the person painting it then anything. I have taken my first Aspire to an independent place and they did a crappy job but I have seen some good Maaco paint jobs as well.

Its like going to BoRicks or Fantastic Sams for a haircut, they usually staff new people just out of haircut school.. You can either get an awesome paint job done by someone who is new and talented or get some lozer of the week that doesn't know the difference between house paint and automotive paint.

Good Luck Sal! I know it will turn out great!

BRING SOME PICS FROM THE SHOP!!!!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Bob, Thanks James. Yeah

It's Maaco it's going to. It's a good place. LOTS of new equipment. I am having my friend do it out there. I can't wait til it's done.

It's funny cause after I took it to the shop, I came home hung out and took a long nap. Well my sister heard me

"I like it. Looks good. Yeah"

After I woke up. I told her that I took the Sable into the shop for paint. She said

"LOL, That's why you were saying 'Oh yeah, I like it, looks good' In your sleep huh??"

I just thought it was funny. I miss the Sable already. Once it's painted, it's going to have a name....

Sal

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
I dream of my car too, but it usually involves me yelling at my brother for f-ing some part of it up. Keep us posted sal pal.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by SableSal@Oct 28 2004, 12:07 AM
Once it's painted, it's going to have a name....

Sal
With all the talk of the inside joke that the car is a him/her, I would suggest Pat, after the Saturday Night Live character from years ago. Some of the younger crowd may not remember that character, but watch some reruns on Comedy Central, it should turn up at some point. :D

·
Registered
292 Posts
Originally posted by Bob Gervais+Oct 28 2004, 05:59 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Bob Gervais @ Oct 28 2004, 05:59 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-SableSal@Oct 28 2004, 12:07 AM

Sal
With all the talk of the inside joke that the car is a him/her, I would suggest Pat, after the Saturday Night Live character from years ago. Some of the younger crowd may not remember that character, but watch some reruns on Comedy Central, it should turn up at some point. :D [/b][/quote]
Bob, thanks a lot for bringing that subject up, now I have Pats screechy voice in my head ;)

Sal-looks good man....hurry up and get pics!

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by 96waggin+Oct 28 2004, 10:40 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (96waggin @ Oct 28 2004, 10:40 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Bob [email protected] 28 2004, 05:59 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-SableSal
@Oct 28 2004, 12:07 AM

Sal

With all the talk of the inside joke that the car is a him/her, I would suggest Pat, after the Saturday Night Live character from years ago. Some of the younger crowd may not remember that character, but watch some reruns on Comedy Central, it should turn up at some point. :D
Bob, thanks a lot for bringing that subject up, now I have Pats screechy voice in my head ;)

Sal-looks good man....hurry up and get pics! [/b][/quote]
Did I do thaaaaat? :lol:

·
Registered
292 Posts
SAL!!!!!
Airbrush this on the decklid...
hehehe

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Has anyone actually seen the Pat movie? I rented it once when I had a hernia surgery, and watched about 20 minutes of it. It was quiet possibly the worst movie EVER made!

JR

1 - 20 of 33 Posts