Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am new here and would like to introduce myself. And also need some help, my wife has a 2002 Mercury Sable LS, double overhead cam, 24 valve engine I believe it is a 3.0. The engine light has been comming on and going off about a week. This time going up a slight grade the engine light started to flash, the engine hesitated, and seemed to lose all power although it didnt stall. After a short time with the accelerator on the floor, The engine light stopped blinking and the engine resumed normal power. But did not run right after that, the vehicle has 138,000 miles on it. Can someone offer some advice on what the problem might be, any help would be gratefull. Reggie

·
Registered
587 Posts
i do not have the book in front of me i will in a minute. have you checked the gap on the spark plugs lately. or even fuel pressure or had the check engine light read at auto zone it is free to do and will help us a lot it will give you a number or numbers like pxxxx were the x-es are numbers. bring pen and paper to wright them down. then i can help a hole lot better that and year make model engine etc.... when you get the codes read. then ask around to see who can help at this point it can be hit or miss with the ideas if you get the codes read it will help in diagnosing the problem/ problems. could be the oil slosh sensor got oil on it who knows going up the hill or the fuel filter is plugged or spark plugs worn out, out of gap. but ya will need those codes to make head or tails of the problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts