Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,307 Posts
They're mechanically the same, though I personally like the looks of the gen 2 Sable better.

Probably easier to find a gen 2 Taurus though, because more of them were built/sold.

And....Welcome to the club!! :)

·
Registered
93 Posts
whatever you get, dont get the 3rd gen sable, blehhhh

get a second gen SHO

·
Registered
93 Posts
You have no taste what so ever. The Gen. III Sable is a very nice looking car.
well to tell you the truth, the only 90s taurus exteriors that I really like are the gen 2,3 SHOs, simply because of the different front and rear ends, they're beautiful

to answer OP's question gen 2 taurus is better, sho to be exact, not an opinion, fact! :p

·
Registered
215 Posts
I may be new to Taurus, but I have done enough research on these cars to know that while the sho is a beautiful example and made for performance, the lack of replacement aftermarket parts scares many buyers off. There's a lot here in Northeast Arkansas that has an extremely nice looking 95 sho, silver metallic, about 130K(don't quote me on mileage), and looks to be fully optioned as well. He's had the car well over a year and his asking price started at well over 3K and is now down to 1200.00 and still no takers! I would buy the car(haven't driven it), but there's absolutely no way I can logically make that investment with no parts market for it. If anyone here is interested I can get the guy's number and you can speak to him about it...it might be worth 1200.00 to someone here. The car is located in Paragould, Arkansas. Personally, I also vote gen 2 sable, not because I own one, but because they look better and the interiors seem to be nicer than their taurus counterparts on average. Just my opinion....

Jeff

1 - 10 of 10 Posts