Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was watching the show on Spike TV with my dad just now and there was a police chase involving a 98-99 Sable sedan (it was the car being chased). They had four Caprices and a Police Camaro chasing the car and they (suspects in the Sable) had pretty much gotton away so they (police) had to throw down the spikes and pop the Sable's tires. Pretty sad (or funny, depending on your disposition) when a Camaro can not catch a plane-Jane Mercury family sedan. Had they not popped its tires, it pretty much looked like the Sable would have gotton away. They had lost them compleatly at one point, given up, and then the Sable came streaking by so they gave chase again.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just watched it on TV, and even there it was pretty grainy. I mean it was on within five minutes of my post.

·
Registered
151 Posts
there was one time they had a marathon and i seen a taurus and 2 sable's.

all of em gen 1

the taurus was with the soldier, and one sable was a drunk the cop's kept up with that one, then the other one man it was gone, i assumed that the taurus and the sable that was gone had the 3.8's

·
Premium Member
623 Posts
If it was more of an in-town chase, I can see a 3.8 Taurus/Sable making a quick getaway, that low-end torque gets you moving in a hurry B)

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
I watched cops a while back and they were chasing a white gen2 sho.....and **** the guy could drive...he probably would have gotten away but they had a hellicopter on him....he pulled into some place and tried running after a while...his excuse was he had a puppy at home alone and he wanted to get to it quick...

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Actually its funny because the Sable on the show I watched was the same color as yours Sal, LMAO!

·
Registered
151 Posts
yea i remeber that white taurus, that was nice looking too.
it was a stupid excuse though: i had a little puppy to get home to.
i would've kept runnig

1 - 16 of 16 Posts