Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a few shots I got of my fogs - click the link in my sig to view others. A how-to post is coming soon for any other gen4 owners that want to do the same.

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
Looks like a very clean install

I have just a few questions.......

1. Shouldn't the fog lights be aimed a little more than 2 feet in front of the car?
2. IMO I think the fogs could log better if they were flipped to match the headlight style, Is this the way it is on the Sables?

Anyways, I love it and it gives us others encouragement to to the same.

·
Registered
486 Posts
they look good
1. Shouldn't the fog lights be aimed a little more than 2 feet in front of the car?[/b]
I agree, i have mine so that they are at least 10 to 15 feet away. I have pilot fogs that have PIAA bulbs in them, very bright. I also have PIAA Ultra Plasma white bulbs in my headlights.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks!

The pics are actually misleading - the lights shine pretty far out in front of the car. They are very bright. If I turn them on after the headlights, it actually lights up an area slightly higher than the headlights. I have excellent visibility with these - it will be even better once I put my silverstars in.
I believe that my fogs are installed the same way as they are on the sable - but I'm actually not sure, plus this is the only way I could get them to mount right.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by afi292@Dec 23 2003, 10:45 PM
did you have to cut anything for these to mount?
oh yes

it turned out OK though - but I was VERY careful - I used a dremel tool to cut out the holes... I'll be posting close ups of the cuts soon...

·
Registered
668 Posts
Originally posted by jason8225+Dec 23 2003, 10:49 PM-->QUOTE (jason8225 @ Dec 23 2003, 10:49 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-afi292
@Dec 23 2003, 10:45 PM
oh yes

it turned out OK though - but I was VERY careful - I used a dremel tool to cut out the holes... I'll be posting close ups of the cuts soon...
[/b]
Yea...dont wanna end up like this guy...

http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=571

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by Capital Punishment+Dec 23 2003, 10:52 PM-->QUOTE (Capital Punishment @ Dec 23 2003, 10:52 PM)
Originally posted by [email protected] 23 2003, 10:49 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-afi292
@Dec 23 2003, 10:45 PM

oh yes

Yea...dont wanna end up like this guy...

http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=571 [/b]
:roflmao:

·
Registered
486 Posts
now thats funny

1 - 9 of 9 Posts