Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody ever put GEN2 sable fenders on a GEN2 taurus? Are the SHO fenders and the sable fenders the same? I really want cornering lights on my GL, but im having a hard time coming up with a silver bumper with cornering lights, so im toying with the idea of putting sable/SHO fenders on to gain the cornering lights.

·
Premium Member
1,958 Posts
SHO fenders are the same, yes. To do the change though you would need a SHO fornt end or a Sable front end. Stock Taurus headlights wont work with the side markers and fenders

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SHO fenders are the same, yes. To do the change though you would need a SHO fornt end or a Sable front end. Stock Taurus headlights wont work with the side markers and fenders
[/b]

Really? they look awfully close. If this is the case i guess i would have to keep looking for a bumper, cus theres no way on earth i would give up my discoballs for sable or SHO headlights.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
All you need to change is the fenders and corner/sidemarkers.

The only issue will be that the headlights won't line up with the new cornering lights because they are flat-faced, and your current headlights are rounded.

It was done a few months ago... I think it was the person with the white G2 wagon with SHO front bumper. (well, he was doing the opposite, but same issue) Sorry, I don't remember his name.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts