Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got a half way decent camera a took a vid, unfortunatly i am running rich right now but its the only time i could use the camera i wish i couldve gotten that fixed first but oh well.

heres an inside run:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kl_DH-uuxQ4

and a rev:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDquWVfdrXg

not sure if its the camera or the angle but it does sounds a little ricey here, but i can assure you guys it doesnt in real life.

and a 10k 3k fog hid warm up showing my LED switchback signals as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNiPz3pynvM

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
I like the sound. To loud for me. But a damn sweet sound.

I love the LEDs. You've got a really nice car.

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it was nice..... notice how the camera is pointed to the left side of the car, i got hit yesterday from behind and have no right taillight and the bumper its ripped apart and it pushed me into a guard rail and wreck the front right corner of the front bumper.... sucks but not my fault which is good.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Sounds good. Very loud, but not disgusting. Maybe too loud for that poor camera. :lol:

I think the g4's front y-pipe design makes the vulcans and duratecs sound similar-ish. A vulcan with the same setup would probably sound a bit like that.

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
not bad! glad you finally found a camera lol. that sucks about the damage. didnt you have a new front bumper put on not that long ago?

·
Registered
175 Posts
I like that a lot!! Sounds real good IMO. I think theres a little bit of Supra in there as well.

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea i just had a new front bumper put on....and having taillight leds pays off because my tails smashed so it still looks normal instead of having a headlight pointed backwards (normal white bulb)

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts
Why is it every car you get runs rich?
First the constant rich codes in the Taurus, then the obvious incident in the Contour, and now....

What the hell are you doing to these things?

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i was just thinking it to myself, maybe something to do with a short intake? thats all i do really.

·
Registered
145 Posts
You weren't kidding when you commented on your car on my vid thread. Is it normal for duratechs to redline that high? or do you just generally beat the caca outta your rides? Sounds pretty decent although like you mentioned it does sound more ricey than i'd want my car to sound. i'm pretty happy with the way mine sounds now that it's broken in and with the u.d.p. and other goodies.

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
no way mine redlines at about 6500 i forget what exactly but its around there, normal neutral rev is 3800 or 4000.

·
Premium Member
4,809 Posts
We should meet up sometime. I would like to hear this in person.

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yea i just gotta get a few things fixed first like the running rich, and a new front/back bumper,

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
there 24 led, and honestly im taking them out and either going back to amber leds or silverstars, i just put in 15,000k hids and they dont match at all. i wish they would stay amber all the time and then flash white and amber.

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts
QUOTE (s2knott @ Jun 20 2009, 04:49 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=733850
there 24 led, and honestly im taking them out and either going back to amber leds or silverstars, i just put in 15,000k hids and they dont match at all. i wish they would stay amber all the time and then flash white and amber.[/b]
You could make it do that.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Knott, i gotta give credit where credit is due. That exhaust earned some of my respect. I like it alot.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
He does have an Xcal 3...meaning he's just a late bloomer ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts