Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I ripped out the good old S&B Filter from my Sable today (1998 3.0L Duratec) It's all messed up. I guess the filter is touching the fender which is making the element all messed up and torn. I was wondering if a K&N Makes a smaller filter. Something shorter maybe?? Also, Which company do you think is the best? K&N? or S&B?? Also when ordering... what diameter should I use? I have the stock MAF on my car, and bought Draxas Short Intake kit. Thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
I haven't got much experience with S&B, but K&N filters are just plain awesome. They come in thousands of sizes, and will most definitely make "a shorter filter." Just go to their webpage and look at their list of universal fit filters. Any size you want they make. K&N's also manage to hold up very well (this from personal experience).

I think in the end, though, with the power you're making with your Sable, either filter will be fine. It's once you start going 700+ HP that you start looking at the minute differences between air filters.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have a 2000 bull with a k&n and a modified air box (pics to come soon). They work great. The oiled filter in my car catches all sorts of crap. Worth the dough to get a k&n.

Just a suggestion too. I personally had trouble with the short Duratec Performance (draxas now) maf adapter and cone setup. My idiot light came on because the short stack sucks warm engine bay air. I would make a cold air setup or use a k&n and the factory box. Try to get colder fender well air into the 'tec.

If the sable air box is anything like my 2000 taurus box, what i did was use the factory air box and added a piece of chrome 3" diameter cold air aluminum tubing to the factory intake area. This short 90* piece pulls in cooler fender well air.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts