Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi TCCA,

I came home this morning and noticed that there was what looked like a stream of dark oil that had run down the concrete driveway from under our 1993 Taurus GL. I gave it the touch test and thankfully, it was just a very dark water that had left the little black/brown stream. I later poured a bucket of water poured under the front which ran down under the car and flushed the dark water off the driveway.

My wife had driven the car earlier in the morning, used the AC, and brought the car home and parked it. Of course it's normal to see some clear water dripping out after the air conditioning has been used and the car has been parked.

I crawled under behind the passenger front wheel an could see that there was water on top of the suspension "arm" that runs back to about the passenger floor area. I opened the passenger door and felt the floor and front floorboard area but did not find anything wet there. I used a flashlight and could not see any water coming down from the back or other part of the engine. Where the water is on the frame, it is directly under the passenger side firewall. Looks like there's some black felt insulation on the firewall down there.

Any idea where that dirt water is coming from? (btw, we did not have any rain for a couple days).

I appreciate you thoughts and comments.

Regards,
Brcobrem

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Probably coming from evaporator drain on pass. firewall.
Thanks sheila. I'll lift it upon that side and have a look see. Sorry I didn't reply sooner, I never saw a reply come into email and I just was thinking about the post.
Regards,
Brcobem

·
Registered
23,366 Posts
No need to jack, just peek (maybe with a flashlight) down pass. side firewall a little to the left of the 2 heater core hoses and look for a black plastic oval opening about an inch in diameter. This is your evaporator drain. Should be discharging water (poss. a lil rusty) whenever your compressor is operating (does so in all modes except off, floor and vent). If not that and your coolant is brown or rusty looking, might be a coolant leak. Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
no need to jack, just peek (maybe with a flashlight) down pass. Side firewall a little to the left of the 2 heater core hoses and look for a black plastic oval opening about an inch in diameter. This is your evaporator drain. Should be discharging water (poss. A lil rusty) whenever your compressor is operating (does so in all modes except off, floor and vent). If not that and your coolant is brown or rusty looking, might be a coolant leak. Good luck.
:) :) :) :) :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts