Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there. The time to clean out my storage area is now. I aquired a 93 SHO from California, with a spun rod. Well more like an ejected rod into the opposing one. So I swapped my engine / transmission from my 92 SHO, into this 93. And everything I took off the 93 I have no use for.. but until the rod spun, everything worked. So... anything you can think of, I have. Steering rack is even a new reman unit. Brakes were replaced within 1000 miles of this all happening. The guy even did the wheel bearings. So if you want dealer parts, that are next to new, off a rust free California car. Let me know.

The alternator is a newly reman unit, as well as the water pump (and housing from what I can tell..) Lotta good things on this little guy.. Mounts look ok too...

Everything that is rusty on a northern car, is completely rust free. I had no issues removing the A/C lines, or even any of the suspension parts with anything more than a set of wrenches. I'm used to torches on these northern ones. The suspension was replaced pretty recently, the struts and springs felt and look fine to me. No rubber cracking in the mounts or anything. Bushings in the control arms, sway bars and everything else appear to have been replaced at least once and the previous owner had a thing for taking his car to Ford.

Out of my other car I have a complete black leather interior, and some good sheet metal that I won't need anymore. I have plenty more pics... so ask if you didn't see something your intrested in. Or just PM a request, and I'll get a pic or 3 to ya. Thanks !

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
If this was a ATX SHO, is the tranny cooler in good shape?
How about the fog light switch with about 2-3in of harness?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (dark_fire @ Jul 2 2009, 09:04 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=736666
If this was a ATX SHO, is the tranny cooler in good shape?
How about the fog light switch with about 2-3in of harness?[/b]

Yes, actually it is in good shape. I was debating on using it as a secondary oil cooler... :) The fog light switch I have that is my spare now... is kind of funny the way it works, I wouldn't call it perfect by any means. I can get you pics of the cooler in the morning, as its still on the car I'm driving.. :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bump... still have most of this stuff... I drive an MTX, can't use most of this stuff... need it gone, entertaining offers...

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
Please, IM me the amount you want for the rear disc brake parts (whole assembly) and the front discs and calipers.

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,543 Posts
Any interior stuff? I need the slider knob for an Autolamp control.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Lol yea I know... Anywya.. I got a front mount that is kind of the first stage. Got a nice size rod in the middle. I'd still compress it with the bolts and all that. Can't seem to find the rear, I'm thinking I might have sold it.

You know a cheaper way than a flat rate? I don't erally have a box to put it in.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
QUOTE (pimpskillet @ Nov 22 2009, 12:19 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=768559
Lol yea I know... Anywya.. I got a front mount that is kind of the first stage. Got a nice size rod in the middle. I'd still compress it with the bolts and all that. Can't seem to find the rear, I'm thinking I might have sold it.

You know a cheaper way than a flat rate? I don't erally have a box to put it in.[/b]
Flat rate is fine. How much?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts