Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've already run my speaker wire from the hu but i was wondering if there was a more convenient place for the wires to run into the trunk. what i did was just go through the back seat and stuffed the wire into the seats to hide it. it works but was wondering what some of you others have done...

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
I did the same as you. You can't see it, and it's out of the way. I wouldn't go to any mroe lengths than that, unless you're running some major wires and such...

JR

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
I fixin' to pull all of the seats and carpet for a major re-wire.

Through the center will be the 3 pair of RCAs, 8 inches to the passenger side is the Remote turn on lead and Front Speaker Wires, and 8 inches to the driver's side is the good ole 4ga Battery Lead.

Major wires. But well worth it.

If all you are running is regular speaker wire, not amped, then you're fine :thumb:

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Originally posted by acreature@Jun 1 2004, 07:18 PM
I fixin' to pull all of the seats and carpet for a major re-wire.

Through the center will be the 3 pair of RCAs, 8 inches to the passenger side is the Remote turn on lead and Front Speaker Wires, and 8 inches to the driver's side is the good ole 4ga Battery Lead.

Major wires. But well worth it.
I'm going to be doing the same thing as well, hopefully within the next month or so. I might also be laying some raamat or other sound dampening material along the floor boards, doors, firewall, etc. If you end up doing this soon take pics for the rest of us.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts