Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The tweeters from my components won't be mounted on my doors so, I was wondering what is the best tactic to get speaker wire from the door and through the jamb. Can I go through the whole pod thing?

·
Registered
201 Posts
very carefully and take your time i did it on my previous car u need to take the a look inside the door inner jam (inside the car where the boot enters the passenger area and where the boot is inside of the door) and if possible pull the boot out of either area to make some room to work if u have a wire fish ( used to pull lines in walls in houses) makes it a bit easier do not use a coat hanger it will do staight through the boot leave a little bit of slack in the line to leave room for opening and closing in the door so it does not chaf

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
QUOTE (lichring @ Apr 27 2009, 03:19 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=721048
very carefully and take your time i did it on my previous car u need to take the a look inside the door inner jam (inside the car where the boot enters the passenger area and where the boot is inside of the door) and if possible pull the boot out of either area to make some room to work if u have a wire fish ( used to pull lines in walls in houses) makes it a bit easier do not use a coat hanger it will do staight through the boot leave a little bit of slack in the line to leave room for opening and closing in the door so it does not chaf[/b]
I am having this problem too. But I am under the impression that there is big bulkhead connector to deal with. Is it different up there in Canada? I haven't had the ability to take the connector apart.

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts
QUOTE (TenTwelve @ Apr 27 2009, 12:13 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=721028
The tweeters from my components won't be mounted on my doors so, I was wondering what is the best tactic to get speaker wire from the door and through the jamb. Can I go through the whole pod thing?[/b]
Find the speaker wires before they get to the door. Tap into them inside the foot wells.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
QUOTE (00tec-saTX @ Apr 27 2009, 03:53 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=721068
QUOTE (TenTwelve @ Apr 27 2009, 12:13 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=721028
The tweeters from my components won't be mounted on my doors so, I was wondering what is the best tactic to get speaker wire from the door and through the jamb. Can I go through the whole pod thing?[/b]
Find the speaker wires before they get to the door. Tap into them inside the foot wells.
[/b][/quote]

I would but, I think I'm going to have to mount my crossovers in the doors. Which would mean I need to run lines out to my tweeters. I need to know if I can run wire through the bulkhead connector thing.

·
Registered
201 Posts
wiring for the speakers is pretty much universal since i have the mach amp i am just replacing everything and using the stock wiring, just take your time its not going to be easy my last car i took around 45 minutes a door since i took my time but i also cheated by running a 16 gu thru first and using it as a fish to pull the wire

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
why don't you just run them up behind the door to the sail panels and flush mount the tweeters in there?

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
OEM high end Taurus stereos use simple crossovers for the sail panel tweets. Just get a capacitor rated at the frequency you want to cut at.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts