Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

Running really rough

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Dubeckyj 
#1 ·
I'm trying to help a friend with her 2006 Taurus with a 3.0L V6. The check engine was on and it was running really rough. I took it to the parts store and got the following codes: P0300, P0301, P0302, P0303, P0304, P0305, P0306, P2195 and P02196. Seeing the two codes about the O2 sensor for Bank 1 Sensor 1, I bought a new one and put it in. I was told that the Bank 1 sensor was the one near the firewall so that's the one I replaced. I cleared the codes before running the car with the new sensor. The car initially ran smoother but after a few miles, the really rough running came back. I went back to the parts store and now I got the following codes: P0300, P0301, P0302, P0303 and P2196. I'm thoroughly confused. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks.

#2 ·
P2195 & P2196 are "sensor stuck lean" codes banks 1 & 2. Basically the sensors are reporting lean running past the point of the computer's ability to enrich the fuel mixture. Most likely it's an intake leak somewhere, intake gaskets and PCV hose leaks are very common on Ford V-engines.

#3 ·
That's very strange. Unless I misread something, it threw both bank 1 rich and bank 1 lean codes. How is it for basic maintenance? Spark plugs, fuel filter, air filter, etc? And pull a plug and make sure it's not one of those stupid E3 plugs. I've often heard they ground into the head and cause all sorts of misfire problems.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.