Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

41 - 60 of 82 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
... we said we would be leaving south haven at 9ish and in deerbourne by 12-1ish. but we didn't end up leaving south haven until 12ish, and getting to deerbourne till 5.
[/b]

Thats OK! I left about 8:30AM and got to Deerborn about 3pm.... stupid buring semi.

... Dave, be nice.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
... we said we would be leaving south haven at 9ish and in deerbourne by 12-1ish. but we didn't end up leaving south haven until 12ish, and getting to deerbourne till 5.
[/b]

Thats OK! I left about 8:30AM and got to Deerborn about 3pm.... stupid buring semi.

... Dave, be nice.
[/b][/quote]

oooh, i was wondering why the entire highway was closed. I knew there was a bad accident, but not a burning semi :eek:

·
Registered
982 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

... Dave, be nice.
[/b][/quote]

I must have gone a different way then you guys, because I left South Haven at 9 and got to my cousins house in Deerborn at 12.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Does a Sable with a SHO in it count for the SHO Fest? :merc:

I hope to have my SHO transplant done by then.

I hope to have my Sable put together by then.

BDoug

:tcca_small: :merc:

·
Premium Member
4,809 Posts
:rofl: Paul when was that one?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Count me in. I live in RI so it will most likely be around a 3 hr drive to me...thats long for us Rhode Islanders lol. We think drivin to boston is long never mind you guys comming from texas!!!

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
None of this is even close to being certain...

That announcement was a bit premature as a final decision has not been made on linking the two events. There is a lot of planning time that needs to be spent before we will know this for sure. There is only a 50/50 chance of a combined event as of right now.

Sorry guys, but sit tight and don't get your hopes up for anything until we work out details.
[/b]
not that it has any pull on the decision but I will be at the SHO convention with my turbo SHO and possibly with my turbo SHO powered camaro if it is done in time (which it should be). Getting both cars going will pretty much tap me out for the year.

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
Whats going on with this??? It's fixing to be November. We gonna wait till the last couple of months and then start making announcements that it's just gonna be at Gingerman again?? I am told that Zorin has offered up some help planning, but never got a response, don't know if that's true or not, but he's helped plan a few national meets and seems to have had some pretty good results.

·
Premium Member
10,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
I had gotten into contact with Don over on SHO Forum, and we were planning on meeting up, but he wanted to speak to Jason. AFAIK, Jason hasn't contacted him yet, and I've had no response from him in a while. I'm still trying to get us together with SHOConvention, but the final say is from Jason.

Sorry about the slow responses, I was without internet access most of October. I had read Zorin's PM but never got a chance to reply.

·
Premium Member
10,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #56

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
Yes Ash, thank you for the update.

Jason, is this it??? Is that all we get??? Is there to be no more ROTB?? Do we just "tag along" with the SHO group with no affiliation to TCCA??

·
Premium Member
4,809 Posts
*waves hand* I don't mind helping out with this at all. It is a stone's throw away. :dunno:

·
Premium Member
8,863 Posts
Guys -

Here are the issues with ROTB.

We get a certain amount of enthusiasm and attendance from seemingly the same "core" group every year.

That's great, but it's not enough to have a sustainable, ongoing event with growing attendance numbers.

The club took a financial loss on ROTB last year. Although it was expected we obviously can't keep doing that.

Planning around those that say they are going to attend when we try to gauge numbers and then back out later is what has killed us every year.

The SHO Convention is not cheap -- and that's for obvious reasons. It's a great event and it's proven to be sustainable and has relatively high attendance every year.

Road course events don't seem to draw very good attendance from our group, however it is the best type of track event for our cars - Taurii are not good drag racing cars.

All that being said - we want to have ROTB somewhere in the Northeast. It will be the first year we've tried that and I hope it gets some people to attend who have never done so before.

I'm open to suggestions for what you guys want to include in ROTB and suggested locations. I'm going to assume that since the SHO Convention has been announced and appears to be all set that it is probably too late to try to combine ROTB with it.

We'll move forward for now NOT combining the events and see what we end up with.

So... please give me ideas. This is YOUR event (as a club) so I would like to hear all of your ideas. Once we have a good selection I'll narrow it down to the most viable options and polling will take place to further refine it and gauge interest.

Thanks,
-Jason

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
well i guess we can still make this a rotb but joined with sho no

the more the merrier

41 - 60 of 82 Posts