Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Story: So I had a 3.4"pulley installed last night and today I put in my 180* thermostat (this is on the Buick), so I go onto 57 to test it out getting on at 111th and planning to get off at halsted (not that anyone knows this) so its about a mile of expressway to check and make sure everything is working. I get on everythings fine, as I go to get on the off ramp im stuck in traffic and so is everyone else on the expressway being that its all backed up.

So I look over and spot a black Taurus, dark tint, Black SEL rims, Dark taillights and tinted headlights. So I think to myself "Holy $#!& thats Kermit from tcca" I do remember him posting about being out this way (atleast going downtown) today. I hurry off the on ramp back into traffic and since hes in the fast lane I get in the middle lane and signal for him to roll down his window. "Are you from TCCA" I said, he said "yeah" then I said "Im Saturdays Vulcan" and I complimented him on his car, we talked some (for about a minute most) and head off on our own ways. I follow him onto the Dan Ryan so I can get off and turn around somewhere, I was along side as well as behind him at times, and when he opened up that Duratec a few times, man did it look good and sound sweet! :notworthy:

Good Times

-Nick S.

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Damnit! now my thread sux :p

S

·
0 Posts
Sounds like some fun there. I had a similar story... but a Non-TCCA member, I told him about the club, Draxas, and my little project. We raced, and then went out seperate ways. Fun times though

SableSal

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
Originally posted by SaturdaysVulcan@Jul 31 2004, 05:34 PM
Damnit! now my thread sux :p
It's just funny that he leaves the home of one member, and runs into another member within an hour. :lol2:

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
With all the midwest members in Michigan, I am surprised that I haven't seen anyone from the club on the road yet. My car is pretty hard to miss.

M

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by fordaspiregv@Jul 31 2004, 09:12 PM
With all the midwest members in Michigan, I am surprised that I haven't seen anyone from the club on the road yet. My car is pretty hard to miss.
i still have yet to see your car...

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Kim,

We must miss each other all the time. hehe.

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was so shocked that I ran into another member, and who did you meet Ash?

·
Premium Member
1,515 Posts
I was out driving and met Mario...Talked for a little bit at Rallys then we both went seperate ways...but as far as meeting members, he has been the only one.

If I ever get off my lazy ass and go out to gratiot one weekend i'm sure i'll see someone else from here.

S

·
0 Posts
I have not met a single TCCA member in person, yet. California's members are too spread out...

bumpin_taurus our cars are twins and we never noticed...

·
Premium Member
10,632 Posts
Originally posted by SaturdaysVulcan@Jul 31 2004, 11:38 PM
I was so shocked that I ran into another member, and who did you meet Ash?
I was in the Chicago area... hahaha... I met Xavier (Xmann01) ... I had an AWESOME time!

So far, I've met : Bob, Hamal (Racer_X), Damon (Duratecchie), Kirk, Anonda, Fernando .... uhh... hm. I think that's it....

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
We all need a TCCA sticker so we know when we see another member! Theres gotta be a member around here in binghamton new york....when i drove down the highway and get board i can usually count 20 taurus' ever 2 minutes.......one of thems GOTTA be a member :p

Saturday, what kind of Buick you got?

S

·
0 Posts
I know the majority of the TCCA Members have a TCCA Logo on their vehicle. SHO Continental, you wanna meet up sometime? I can show you a couple of things on my Sable. Im in the central Valley, but am planning on going south for a trip. Let me know...

Sal

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
I got decals on the SLO, but the SHO hasn't been tagged yet. Anyway, I've met a bunch of people. Jason, Micah (spif), Ryne, Scot (dIESEL600), mom2loralei, a bunch of people at the first ROTB, and a bunch of SHOForum members at Quaker Steak and Lube. It would be too long to try to list all of them.

J

·
0 Posts
I had a banner on my car, but I had to take it off because it was getting messed up... I want to have some small decals made for the little side windows in the back. I've met Bob, just about all the Detroit area midwesters (Greg, Mario, Marley, Nick, Tara, Sarah, I think I'm forgetting others), Micah (spif), Rob (97GreenStreak), Eric (Venom), Alex (Twilight), Ryne, tons of SHO people (mostly at the semi-annual Lapeer meets), I met a bunch of people at both ROTB's. Man, I've met quite a few people. This club is all about the people, though, I can't say that I've met one person I didn't like. B)

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by tmonster@Aug 1 2004, 09:34 AM
Saturday, what kind of Buick you got?
Hijacking my own thread.. I've got a 97.5 Buick Regal GS, but I'm working on picking up a Gen 2 SHO, be it a red one, or a guess what color? GREEN! one.

-Nick S.

·
Premium Member
1,515 Posts
bumpin_taurus our cars are twins and we never noticed...
lol, they are damn close, only differences are my windows are tinted and I still have the stock radio/cd player in mine.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts