Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

361 - 369 of 369 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Dude! How did you get the light to fit? I see a crack in the lens, but I can't tell if that was there previously, or if that was a "mod" to make it fit. Either way, I'm glad to see the car is on the road to recovery. :horns:

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #362
NO!!!!! DAMMIT

It was an unmolested housing. I went to push on it firmly to seat it in the mounting holes. I guess it was a little too firm, it cracked, I cried, and went on with life. I had to bop on the fender corner to "move" it over about 1/4".

·
Registered
22 Posts
QUOTE (rudedog @ Oct 7 2007, 08:28 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=544204
Ok, I'll start out today by saying that so far, it has been easy stuff. The neighbor didn't show up to strip the honduh so I'll start on it in the morning. The trans is completely torn apart. and I only had to fab one "special" tool, lol. Here are the pics.

My front clutch loading tool, "special" fabbed tool, lol. was at one point a garden rake that had the outer tynes broken off.

My other "special" tool, roll pin remover.

roll pins

I've also already found a couple of bad parts, the first was a broken accumulator spring.

The second bad part is the oil pump shaft.

Here it is all taken apart and on the engine stand.

Down inside.

And my pile of parts.
First we have one of the bands, the chain cover, the side pan, and the lower pan.

Next we have all the drum and shaft assemblies.
[/b]
Hey Rudy, I have a question.
What's the reason to the damage that happens to the oil pump shaft?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #364
WOW!!, I'm sorry, I didn't even see you post.

Most likely heat and lack of lubrication, honestly, I don't know. I have no knowledge of the inner workings and powerflow of an automatic transmission.

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #365
Wow! It's been four months since I did anything with the back end of the blue bucket. Last thing was the installation of the left rear taillight for inspection purposes. I was out in the garage this morning making blanks to weld up some holes in the firewall of the Lemonscort. When I got done I decided to pull the rear bumper off to see if there was very much more damage. I was hoping it was going to be as simple as getting some epoxy and replacing the left side slider piece. I didn't get that lucky. Turns out the jerkoff that hit me had some pretty good speed working. I need to find a regular Taurus bumper now and put my SHO cover onto it. Anyway, here are some pics. Enjoy.

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
holy that a lot off damage im sorry that suck

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #367
Man I can't catch a break. A couple of weeks ago mom's 03 started with the cel, I got that ironed out and a few days ago, bamm!! it's back. Yesterday I took the kid to the bank, paid some bills, rode some go-carts, got some drinks, bought some paint for the Lemonscort, and on the way home the bucket decides it's gonna just stop running. It was running GRRRRREEAT!!! No missing, no drivability issues, no noises.. NOTHING!! Just died. Quiet as could be it just slipped off to where ever it's "sleeping" now. Steve and I towed it home last night, about 3 blocks, and tried it again, still no start. Anyway if it wasn't 114 some odd degrees out I'd be checking it out instead of griping about it. Better yet even, I called a salvage yard about a rear SHO bumper to replace mine, and the guy tells me it won't fit. I asked him to splain why and all he could muster was that it wasn't for a Taurus. I might just go up there and give him the opportunity to buy it for me. After all, if he's sooo confident it WON'T fit, he shouldn't have a problem betting on that fact, right??

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
and a salvage yard dont know off a taurus bumper when he see one lol

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
Today Rudy got outside and started ripping rear bumpers apart. Sorry he did it before I got out there to get any pics, so that should tell you two things. 1. He doesn't **** around too much when he gets **** in his brain. and 2. Either it wasn't too damn hard, or he's just that fast, or maybe both. Either way the blue car is starting to look like it did before the hit and run. I did manage to get a couple of pics after it was bolted back on.

Notice, no more blue racing tape.
He did notice something too. 1.The inner bumper that he took off the car was an unpainted black unit, so he's assuming it was FOR a SHO to start with. 2.The inner bumper he got from the salvage yard was silver frost, meaning it probably came from the parts bin, or the car it came from started life as a regular Taurus and was then converted. 3.The outer cover and the inner bumper both shared date stamps of 1995. 4.The outer cover was 1995 Moonlight Blue. Since Rudy's car is Midnight Blue, the cover at this time is unusable.

361 - 369 of 369 Posts