Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

21 - 40 of 83 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
I don't want anyone to take this the wrong way, but a trip to the hospital could do Rudy some good. He's had some health issues for a long time that I think he's been neglecting. He puts his family's needs before his own. He and Steve work very hard to take care of their mother and Rudy's son. The man will do anything he can for his friends on a moments notice expecting nothing in return. I have met very very few people as generous, honest, and forthright as Rudy.... which is why we all love him, right?
[/b]
Couldn't have said it better myself. He is one of the most caring and giving people on this earth. I guess all of it just got to be too much for him to bare, physically. I hope that they can help him out and figure out what's ailing him, and can get him on the road to a permanent recovery.

Stay strong, r00d! Thanks for the updates, Steve-o.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I copied and pasted this post over on to fordbastards, from the fordbastards board we all wish Rudy a speedy recovery.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Hang in there Rudy! Get well soon man!

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Thanks for all the get wells and everything guys! I spoke to Rudy and let him know all you guys were hoping he gets to feeling better real soon.

He is doing a little better this evening, his spirits are up and he's making a few jokes and is feeling alot more comfortable. The heart doctors are pretty much telling him everything looks allright, his heart is enlarged but no more so than it has been in the last few years. Hopefully, (providing they can figure out what is causing the intestional blockages) in a couple of day he will be getting released.

Steve

:ford:

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Glad to hear Rudy is doing better. :) Keep us posted!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Crap! Rudy hang in there bro. I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. You'll make it through this.

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
OK quick update

Rudy called this morning extremely upset as he had been coughing constantally since 12 the night befor and was extremely uncomfortable and could not get any rest! He has aquired a sinus congestion and cough in the last 24 hours which is something he did not have when he first went into the hospital! He is extremely frustrated because they keep trying to tell him its a symptom of his congestive heart failure. But the reason he went to the hospital in the first place was not due to his congestive heart failure it was a bowl obstruction that was making it diffacult to breath and very uncomfortable! For now they have him doing a breathing treatment every 4 hours to help clear the congestion and that has slowed his coughing to a level that he can actually get some decent rest. I also think it didnt help to be sleeping for 2 days in a 55 degree, damp room. but for some reason the nurses keep turing the tempratue down on him! When i walked in the room this morning i immeditally got a cold damp chill and if you ask anybody that knows me thats just something i dont get! I put it up to 70 and tried to get the chill out of the room! His throat is extreamly sore from coughing all night and he is having a lot of difficulty talking, he sounds pretty rough! Qver all after he got the breathing treatment and some rest through the day he was starting to feel a little better!

Steve

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
holy crap you have worse treatment then us lol

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
An intractable dry cough is a symptom of CHF, but I wouldn't want my room that cold either.
[/b]
I would agree with that if the reason he went to the hospital in the first place was due to complications of his CHF. It wasnt, he has having severe problems with his bouls and discomfort. His congestion is something that came up while he has been sitting in that hospital room, not something he had when he went in! Then on top of that the Doctor has only been in to see him once and its like pulling teeth for the nursing staff to get a hold of him! They still havent told him what was the cause of his boul problems but have managed to ease his discomfort somewhat! He asked last night if it would be alright for us to bring up his CPAP breathing machine or if they could get him one from the hospital because he can sleep much better and more restfull when he uses it. They told him if we brought his up there they would have to have there engineering dept make sure it was allright for him to plug it in to the wall outlet and use it and they didnt know how long it would take them to figure that out! They were going to have to ask the doctor to order him one so they could use one of the hospitals and they didnt know how long that was going to take either! He is throughly frustrated with the doctor and the nursing staff and we are really starting to loose confidence that he is getting the correct treatment from them! The Hospital he is in is obviously working on a skeleton crew on the weekends. When i went up there on sunday morning there were less than 10 cars in the entire parking lot. With maybe 4 or 5 more when i left, this is a pretty large Hospital. This could have something to do with not getting the adaquite care and attention we think he sould be getting! Monday is a new week lets hope he gets to feeling better and can come home in the next day or 2!

Steve

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
holy crap when i had surgery i had my cpap machine with me

and if he try to sleep without it gonna me kae is troat sore and all red

dotn look any further he sleep without the machine you get troat irratation and redness all over

as for them not letting him use his machine they are ###### dumb it the only way he will sleep good i dont know hi sdegree but me im a severe tot he max i do 72 breating stop on 1 hrs sleep so if i dont have this i dont sleep at all

push those dumb ass to have his machine in his room

21 - 40 of 83 Posts
About this Discussion
82 Replies
39 Participants
blackmagic3920
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing