Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed fairly recently that my car makes some interesting noises. Its not necessarily just when I go around corners or when I hit a bump. It seems to pick and choose as I can find no regularity with it. The only I personally have done to the suspension since I bought the car was replace one rear strut because the spring was broken. It does not really ride rough at all so I'm stumped and just want to make sure it is nothing major. Any Ideas?

·
Registered
23,578 Posts
Make a rubbery groan on low speed turns? If so, check outer tie rod ends. If its more of a clunk, check sway bar end links.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm thinking it might be that tie rod thing you mentioned. I noticed when I pulled out of the driveway this morning that it was making the noise then and when I turned from a stop sign. Is this something I need to worry about right now? Also, about how expensive is it to fix?

·
Registered
23,578 Posts
Iirc, outer tierods are ~$10/ea., but car should be aligned after replacement. Check the topic finder or search features for tutorials. Replacement is easy-peasy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts