Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 00 Taurus SES and the problems is for example, I am on a Red Light with my air cond. on and car on drive,the engine like it wants to turn off quickly but it doesn`t and if you accelerate it stops doing it. It does the same even with the air cond. off but you fill it less.
I have changed the air filter, fuel filter unless it has more than one fuel filter, the spark plugs doesnt have more than 30,000 miles of use,and I bought a fuel injector cleaner but it stills does the same. The check engine has not turn on. Who can help me with this problem.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I have a 00 Taurus SES and the problems is for example, I am on a Red Light with my air cond. on and car on drive,the engine like it wants to turn off quickly but it doesn`t and if you accelerate it stops doing it. It does the same even with the air cond. off but you fill it less.
I have changed the air filter, fuel filter unless it has more than one fuel filter, the spark plugs doesnt have more than 30,000 miles of use,and I bought a fuel injector cleaner but it stills does the same. The check engine has not turn on. Who can help me with this problem.
[/b]

Clean your MAF sensor, it can be causing the issue.
And try one tank of 93 Octane Gas, I am sure it will make the difference.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

How do I clean it and were is the MAF Sensor????

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I need someone that explain me were and what the MAF and IAC is?
How to clean and with what. I dont know a lot? I am new on this?

I need someone that explain me were and what the MAF and IAC is?
How to clean and with what. I dont know a lot? I am new on this?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Its a silvery canister shaped thing on the intake held in place by 2 bolts. It also has an electrical connector on it. Unbolt it and pull it off. Use throttle body cleaner in it -- soak it and work the mechanism back and forth. I always spurt a bit of wd40 in it once I've dried it all out. Work the mechanism back and forth. bolt it back on and see if this fixed the issues.

Use search at the top to find pictures of it, as well as research the MAF question as well.

·
Premium Member
2,543 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

What difference will using 93 octane gasoline make, except lightening the purchaser's wallet?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts