Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been experiencing a rough idle in my 05 Taurus. After much research and spending of money on diagnostics (because I don't have the proper equipment), the latest is that there is a vacuum leak with my DPFE tube.

First, what is my DPFE tube and where can I find it on my car? And once I do that, how do I replace it?

Second, if it helps I have all the codes my CEL is throwing out.
P0171
P0174
P0300
P0301-303
P0316
P2196
P2198

·
Registered
23,391 Posts
First thing to check on a tec with rough idle is the pcv hose assy. and valve buried down under the front of uim (upper intake manifold). Do a search and check the topic finder atop this page. This alone may eliminate most of those codes. Then you can move on to see if you need to address misfire issues.

·
Registered
23,391 Posts
P.S.: Youre not showing an egr code (dpfe sensor-po401, 402, 1401 etc.). Besides, dpfe has no vac. hoses, only a plug-in and 2 exhaust sampling silicone tubes (hoses).

·
Super Moderator
8,623 Posts
PCV valve and hose on 04, 05 Tec is very easy to get to unlike earlier Tecs. It is sticking out toward the driver side fender from the upper part of the rear head. My 04 and 05 Tecs have the improved, ribbed PCV hose that is much less damage and leak resistant that the earlier versions.

It sure does sound like a vac leak though.

Ditto on the DPFE sensor / hoses not being the problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts