Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 Taurus that has suddenly developed a very rough low speed idle. The only codes are for lean in bank 1 and bank 2. I replaced the IAC, the MAF sensor and several soft elbows on vacuum lines to the PCV valves and checked every vacuum line and connection I could find with no change. I also pulled the intake manifold to check that it was properly sealed and checked for vacuum lines that might be hidden below.

With my code scanner connected in monitor mode the fuel pressure is right at 40 psi under all load conditions. The only thing that looks wrong to me is the MAF reads 10.115 #/min all the time with the new and old MAF sensor installed (scanner error or bad new sensor?).

The car runs fine at all speeds except idle (idle in gear is worse than neutral or park).

I would appreciate advice on anything else to check. My next stop is the dealer.

BTW, I have put 294500 miles on it since new.

Thanks

·
Registered
200 Posts
Look at ALL vacuum lines

I had a similar problem on a 2002 Duratec. Changed IAC, PCV including PCV hose, most vacuum lines and hoses and UIM and LIM gaskets. Last hose was the one on the right or passanger side going into a small plastic swivel connector. Didn't even see this hose until Sheila pointed it out. Look at the hoses and vacuum lines.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts