Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It started with a very rough idle then became so bad the car wasnt drivable. I found the tube coming from pcv valve was almost pluged. I replaced PCV and tube then removed intake and cleaned out the whole thing. the long tube inside going to the IAC was almost plugged aswell. Still ran rough. Now got misfire code and EGR flow Code. Replaced all the plugs and wires and DPFE sensor. Now only runs rough in gear with foot off gas and now code 442. Car ran great when i touched the gas. I was then thinking IAC valve. Got one from the wreckers which made it run a little smother but not fixed. So today i put a new IAC on and now when its idleing the RPM goes up to 2000 then to 1500 then drops to 400 then back up to 1500 then down to 400...over and over each cycle is about 7 to 10 seconds ??????
Any help would be appreciated...I am ready to pull my hair out

·
Registered
30 Posts
Make sure that elbow vacuum line on the back of the upper intake is attached if so then do a smoke test with a cigar to check for leaks. This worked for me last month when I was having problems, undo the air filter housing and cover it with a bag so no air leaks out that way then remove the crank case ventilation house and put the cigar in the house mouth piece first and blow the smoke in that way.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts