Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From last time:
http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/82-maintenance-repair/147813-rough-idle-morning-start-up.html

Found it to be a small crack in the head that was repaired, car has been running fine since... till this morning.

My remote to the alarm died and I had to disconnect the battery while messing with it so I didn't drain the battery.

Plug the battery in and started up, a few seconds of idle and slight shaking (oh great). Also see oil drops on the garage floor that were not there a day ago. I got the bull to work and am going to be bringing it in to be looked at. I checked everything I can and it looks fine and no check engine light. I also have babied the engine since it was repaired.

Now with this problem, I am holding off on everything till I make sure the bull is ok.

·
Premium Member
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No luck on the shop, they didn't even look at it.

Idle seems to have sorted out, but now its really weird. When I take my foot of the accelerator at speed the car will slow faster then is should (feels like engine braking) and the RPMs will jump +- 200. Shifting to park after driving for a few miles will drop the RPMs fast too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.