Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From last time:
http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/82-maintenance-repair/147813-rough-idle-morning-start-up.html

Found it to be a small crack in the head that was repaired, car has been running fine since... till this morning.

My remote to the alarm died and I had to disconnect the battery while messing with it so I didn't drain the battery.

Plug the battery in and started up, a few seconds of idle and slight shaking (oh great). Also see oil drops on the garage floor that were not there a day ago. I got the bull to work and am going to be bringing it in to be looked at. I checked everything I can and it looks fine and no check engine light. I also have babied the engine since it was repaired.

Now with this problem, I am holding off on everything till I make sure the bull is ok.

·
Premium Member
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No luck on the shop, they didn't even look at it.

Idle seems to have sorted out, but now its really weird. When I take my foot of the accelerator at speed the car will slow faster then is should (feels like engine braking) and the RPMs will jump +- 200. Shifting to park after driving for a few miles will drop the RPMs fast too.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Check your accessory pulleys. You might have a bad pulley that's causing the vibration you feel. It would definitely be worse on cold starts. Would also explain why the car stops faster since the accessory is putting an extra load on the engine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts