Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My rotors are warped on my 2004 Sable (pulsating brake pedal). Just had them turned in August and I realize they are junk. I wanted to get a high quality slotted rotor that would last a long time.....a rotor that does not warp easily. What brand of rotor is recommended and where can I purchase it?

·
Premium Member
2,492 Posts
We all have had good luck with the Duralast brand at Autozone. They are not slotted, which is not really needed for everyday street driving.

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
I second the Duralast brand at Autozone also. Never had a problem w/ them needing replacement. I have used them on 3 diff vehicles. Price wise they decent also.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
the biggest thing to do for street cars to prevent warped rotors is to properly torque the lugnuts!
over heated rotors are less likely to warp if the lug nuts are properly torqued.

torque the lug nuts properly.

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
Duralast Rotors and the Duralast ceramic pads work very,very well together.

I have them on my SES on the front and I have some slotted and drilled rotors I bought cheap from someone on here and have the Duralast ceramics on back. Checked them the other day in prepaaration for winter and they are all still in great shape
Mike
:thumb:

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Another way to prevent "warping" is getting better pads. Cheap pads may leave deposits that create hot-spots on the rotors resulting in pulsation. Judging the responses so far, Duralast Ceramic pads are the way to go :)

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Another way to prevent "warping" is getting better pads. Cheap pads may leave deposits that create hot-spots on the rotors resulting in pulsation. Judging the responses so far, Duralast Ceramic pads are the way to go :)
[/b]
I also use the Duralast Ceramic Pads. These work fine for normal driving and I hardly have any "dust" to deal with. I think for the price, the Duralast rotors and pads are your best value

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
I also use the Duralast Ceramic Pads. These work fine for normal driving and I hardly have any "dust" to deal with. I think for the price, the Duralast rotors and pads are your best value
[/b][/quote]

The ceramics get even better when they are hot

Mike
B)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts