Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

Rotb And Motortrend '86 Taurus Pics

12K views 20 replies 17 participants last post by  Trip3ace 
#1 ·
So, here's all the pics I took... first up are pics of the cars at the park:

Then came the food:

Ok, time to go to The Henry Ford museum... and what do I find in the parking lot?

Here's Dave, ummm... (sorry guys I can't remember your names) and friends huddled around the TV...

Next to the TV, is a wall of information about the Taurus

And finally, the MT Taurus!!!

The underside is spotless... it's crazy. Dave saw me on the floor and asked if I was sick.
He said to remember if I vomit on it, I bought it... I thought about it, but I didn't have the heart to ruin the paint job.

The basketweaves and even the wheelwells make me jealous

And my favorite pic of the MT Taurus

Oh, and they had some other stuff too, the GM Autonomy

And the windows of Reagan's limousine were open (they were damaged so you couldn't see through them before when they were closed)

And then on the way home we passed this rediculously clean NON-member Taurus... I mean seriously, you could hang those wheels on the wall and use them for a mirror

This was so much fun, I will DEFINITELY come to the next one. And thanks Dave for letting me use your tripod.

See less See more
#5 ·
Wish we could've socialized more at the park. BTW your car is very clean, hopefully when we have another meet, we'll be able to talk more! :thumb:
[/b]
Yeah, I didn't really 'socialize' too much... wish I would have.

I had never met anyone there, so it was a little awkward.

#8 ·
Note the tripod in front of the TV with Dave, Steve, and me watching...we filmed the videos they have with the '86, as long as the sound turned out. :)

#9 ·
I'll post some of my pics up tonight... Sean you got some very nice angles so I won't repeat. Unfortunately Sean didn't vomit on it and wasn't the lucky winner to take it home. :lol2:

Only bad part about the 86 on display is the terrible lighting for pictures. That car in daylight would rock.

#10 ·
It was nice meeting you Sean and your family. You have some funny stickers on your car man! You took some GREAT pics of that 86 Taurus! I am glad somebody took pics of that underbody. :x: I can't wait to see the video that Dave recorded off of that tv.

#11 ·
I can't wait to see the video that Dave recorded off of that tv.
[/b]
Was that video '86 Taurus related? If so, will we get a chance to view it online....or at least get a description of it

#12 ·
<div class='quotemain'>
I can't wait to see the video that Dave recorded off of that tv.
[/b]
Was that video '86 Taurus related? If so, will we get a chance to view it online....or at least get a description of it
[/b][/quote]

Yeah, it's the video playing at the Taurus display in the Henry Fod, I think it's all about how they designed and built it.

#13 ·
Those undercarriage pics are no big deal - that's what my 91 LX looks like underneath....... :p :lol2: :mj_banana:

BTW where is that exhibit?

#14 ·
The Henry Ford museum in Dearborn, MI

very close to Detroit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.