1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
7,373 Posts
Yeah, that was the rarest color in 96 and that color was only found in 96...

I wonder what's wrong with it....156k means transmission needs work and it be impressive if the cams haven't failed yet

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
No keys. If I can't at least hear it run before buying it, it's not worth $1000 - I'd consider it non-running because of that.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
I like it... but I can never see myself owning a SHO.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Interesting how it was a console shift, yet the column shift indicators are on the instrument panel too...

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Interesting how it was a console shift, yet the column shift indicators are on the instrument panel too...
[/b]
96 Floor shift models have an instrument panel gear indicator.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
96 Floor shift models have an instrument panel gear indicator.
[/b][/quote]

Since you are the expert, I was looking through the auto trader at Tauruses the other day and I found a column shift G4 SE... In the picture of the backseat, at the back of the front seat middle arm rest there was an oval shaped piece of black plastic and it looked like it had some white markings on it... I assumed that it was a cup holder/ashtray type deal for the back seat but I had never seen one like that on a G4... Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Since you are the expert, I was looking through the auto trader at Tauruses the other day and I found a column shift G4 SE... In the picture of the backseat, at the back of the front seat middle arm rest there was an oval shaped piece of black plastic and it looked like it had some white markings on it... I assumed that it was a cup holder/ashtray type deal for the back seat but I had never seen one like that on a G4... Any thoughts?
[/b]
Yup, those are the cup holders :) 2000s don't have the markings, 2001+ do.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
Yup, those are the cup holders :) 2000s don't have the markings, 2001+ do.
[/b][/quote]

What do console back seat riders get? The most I've seen in the backseat of a G4 behind the console is the knee HVAC vents...

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
GenIII and IV's had a two different options for the centerconsole in the backseat. Some had the HVAC vents, some had fold out cup holders.

My 2000 has the fold out holders.

I wonder what the '98 I'm buying will have....
:ph34r:

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
GenIII and IV's had a two different options for the centerconsole in the backseat. Some had the HVAC vents, some had fold out cup holders.

:ph34r: [/b]
Only Gen 4's had cup holders sadly, Gen 3's had ash trays under the HVAC vents except 99's :glare:

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
<div class='quotemain'> GenIII and IV's had a two different options for the centerconsole in the backseat. Some had the HVAC vents, some had fold out cup holders.

:ph34r: [/b]
Only Gen 4's had cup holders sadly, Gen 3's had ash trays under the HVAC vents except 99's :glare:
[/b][/quote]

Seems like kind of a stupid option, as if you went to butt your cig in the ashtray, the air from the vents would blow the ashes on the seat/you!

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
[/b]
I know. :ph34r: :ph34r:

And EWW to that RM sho. Even in pristine condition, an SHO in that color doesn't do a whole lot for me. The same/similar color on a MkVIII... :boink:

·
Registered
285 Posts
I can see myself owning a SHO, but for me, Rosemist is not the color for me. Rare indeed, but ugly.
[/b]

No kidding... IT'S FRIGGIN' PINK!!!

May as well have this on the back window/front plate:

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Real men drive pink cars....sorta. Especially Tauruses. It's not like these cars are all that great at picking up women anyway. :laugh:

·
Premium Member
7,306 Posts
Real men drive pink cars....sorta. Especially Tauruses. It's not like these cars are all that great at picking up women anyway. :laugh:
[/b]
I should get the pink Taurus to match my pink laptop.

Makes a good sleeper. "haha pink laptop ... oh it's better than mine" ... would be the same with a pink taurus "haha pink taurus oh **** its faster than my rice bucket"

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
I should get the pink Taurus to match my pink laptop.

Makes a good sleeper. "haha pink laptop ... oh it's better than mine" ... would be the same with a pink taurus "haha pink taurus oh **** its faster than my rice bucket"
[/b][/quote]

Isn't that triangle upside down?

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]
I know. :ph34r: :ph34r:

[/b][/quote]
DUDE.

fkn stoked.

And now back to your regularly scheduled thread...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts