Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sending in for new title, i lost the one i had,, i hate to just scrap this car only needs a drivetrain , and some TLC things done ,,,,, i shoud get around 600. for scrap for it . first 600. take it , paper work for title gos out tomorrow, takes about 5 to 7 days to get back, then to the bone yard it will go if someone here do get it 1st,,,,,

one of 57,,, rose mist ,, no bits ,

Attachments

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
How about 2 $300 payments? Have to price transport to Rochester, NY also....

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
I hope this gets saved. It's one of only 58 Rose Mist 1996 SHO's ever built.

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
Is anybody familiar with the differences between a Tec AX4N and a SHO AX4N? I think I read the bell-housing bolt pattern is the same. Old Blue has terminal rust (subframe point of attachment to body corrosion, see JW's post on subject) but the drive train (engine & transaxle) is mint.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Besides the lack of a VSS, different final drive ratio, higher stall torque converter and some differences in the valve bodies, that is all I can remember. Bell housing is the same.

Ah the blue bucket is rotting? Good time to swap, you'll get your Rosemist...

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Also keep in mind the V8 SHO uses the ABS system to determine vehicle speed, slight difference from the SLO.

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
i bleave it 57 made, you can send the vin into ford and they will send yoou a cert. on the car
It was 58, I've seen the certificate from one of the other ones.

·
Premium Member
2003 Ford taurus Centennial Edition
1,405 Posts
Glad someone is able to save this SHO...I hate to see them in junkyards. I do believe someday that they all will be valuable in some way.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
should have the title back from penn.dot by friday..no bites yet,, i hate to scrap it but i cant keep it
i will take payments,,, if u want pics of it i can text them to you... ,

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
should have the title back from penn.dot by friday..no bites yet,, i hate to scrap it but i cant keep it
i will take payments,,, if u want pics of it i can text them to you... ,

looks like no bites,,,, dam shame i cant keep it and fix my self,, if i could i would,, guess im gona load it up in the the morring,pull wheels, cats off it, and ship it to the bone yard,,

·
Premium Member
14,356 Posts
Too bad.... there's a huge u pull it yard in Hazleton that I'm sure you'd be able to get a motor/trans for it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts