Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone else using a 1.7 or greater ratio roller rocker?? if so did you have to grind the pedestal down? did you notice a change in performance? thanks in advance, brian the reason i am asking is because i had to grind mine down. also, the performance change was noticable! ;) oops, tried to edit the fact that i have questions plural!! couldn't manage to do it!

·
Registered
94 Posts
How much of a HP gain can be made from Roller Rockers??? I was thinking of installing these in a pretty much stock GEN III setup and leaving it alone after that... I've got enough project vehicles to keep me busy.

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
check www.rogueperformance.com
It's the site of Fredness. He uses roller rockers on his vulcan splash. I've heard that the roller rockers from morana are not a direct fit, and have to be milled. I was going to put a set in, but I totalled my 97 GL and ended up getting a 97 SHO.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Yeah I want to buy some from Fred, but he never replied to my email to him...and on his site there is no place to buy them anymore. It says CLOSED or something.

I have a '97 Gen III Vulcan with nearly 90K miles on it, do you think it would be wise to mess with it??? This is my daily commuter ride in the, so I don't want to mess with it too much...just need a little more OOOMMMPPPHHHH!

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
As long as the oil changes are done frequently, I don't see how it would cause any problems replacing the roller rockers. I had pulled the valve covers off my old vulcan before, and the valvetrain looked great still, even after 90K miles.

Try IMing fredness on here. I don't know how often he visits, though.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
I was thinkin of those as well for my vulc'. I had better shoot a pm to fred and see whats up. Roller rockers+ ported heads= vroomness. B) (not that I have ported heads.... its just a mod I would do with the rockers)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Can you buy heads already Port and Polished? Also, what do Phenolic Spacers do??? I noticed that is also a popular thing to do.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts