Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had the Rockford 700S amp with 2 12" HE2's installed, and it sounds SO NICE
, but it isnt hitting as hard as I thought it would. I know the amp has gain controls, I just dont know where they are, and how to alter them. Can anyone help??

·
Registered
74 Posts
They should be listed in the manual. In any case on the 700s i believe that they are right next to the speaker outputs on the side.

·
Premium Member
5,180 Posts
Also before you try and adjust the gain, look to see if the punch bass controller is hooked up, it took my buddy a while to find his controller (2 days or so).

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I took a look this morning, and the punch bass controller isn't hooked up, I dont think I have it. And I found two holes that say gain, what to i use to alter the controls?

·
Registered
74 Posts
I ahve a 301s right now, forget the gain until you hook up the punch bass. If the unit is not hooked up then the amp will sound seriously week. I forgot to hook mine up when i first installed the amp. To alter the gain you just need a skinny phillips screwdriver or anything to stick in there and turn them.

Punch Bass Unit

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
The HE2 subs you have are 2 ohm, correct?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They are wired at 2ohms, and yea it was the remote, these subs are hitting HARD now, thanks for the help!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts