:eek:

·
Premium Member
4,809 Posts
Glad my car doesn't look like that....

·
Banned
375 Posts
Ummm Miller, I've got a hole right where the right rear passengers feet go... I'll post a pic up tomorrow! hah I win!

Ugh that sucks though, This winter really ate the cars alive :-/

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
Most of that should buff out no? :x:

·
Registered
346 Posts
God damn dude! that poor car is ripe. Jeezus! Not knocking NY but i'm glad i don't live up there for that reason. Don't wreck :(
Unfortunately once there like that there aint no fixin em. Might be a good idea to get your next car treated.

·
Premium Member
7,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE (Gentz @ Jun 7 2010, 08:53 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=810228
Ummm Miller, I've got a hole right where the right rear passengers feet go... I'll post a pic up tomorrow! hah I win!

Ugh that sucks though, This winter really ate the cars alive :-/[/b]
Pics or it didn't happen!

QUOTE (outatyme @ Jun 8 2010, 01:03 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=810287
God damn dude! that poor car is ripe. Jeezus! Not knocking NY but i'm glad i don't live up there for that reason. Don't wreck :(
Unfortunately once there like that there aint no fixin em. Might be a good idea to get your next car treated.[/b]
My next vehicle is getting some sort of undercoating.

·
Premium Member
10,632 Posts
Unfortunately once there like that there aint no fixin em. Might be a good idea to get your next car treated.[/b]
Well you're wrong about that... You are able to get them repaired, however it depends on how much money you want to spend or how much knowledge you have about body work.

·
Banned
375 Posts
QUOTE (Millermagic @ Jun 8 2010, 07:23 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=810307
QUOTE (Gentz @ Jun 7 2010, 08:53 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=810228

Ugh that sucks though, This winter really ate the cars alive :-/[/b]
Pics or it didn't happen!

My next vehicle is getting some sort of undercoating.
[/b][/quote]

Oh it happened! I'm getting half inch sheet metal after smoothing the hole out and welding it shut in the next week or so.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Half inch sheet metal? :eek: A bit excessive, no?

·
Banned
375 Posts
A little, but it can get gotten cheap from my girlfriends dad. He is a carpenter so he has access to all the welding tools and the sheet metal haha. And I either go big or go home when i do things.... ask dave haha. If you would of seen me doing the spoiler haha

·
Premium Member
7,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
QUOTE (Firespirit @ Jun 8 2010, 08:44 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=810344
Well you're wrong about that... You are able to get them repaired, however it depends on how much money you want to spend or how much knowledge you have about body work.
[/b][/quote]
To me, it's not worth it. I fix the rocker panels and the car still needs ball joints, struts, steering lines, heater core, coolant lines ... and even if I fixed all of that it could still break in two when I hit a bump.

QUOTE (Gentz @ Jun 8 2010, 02:37 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=810434
A little, but it can get gotten cheap from my girlfriends dad. He is a carpenter so he has access to all the welding tools and the sheet metal haha. And I either go big or go home when i do things.... ask dave haha. If you would of seen me doing the spoiler haha[/b]
Is there any rust elsewhere on the car or just a buggered up floor?

·
Banned
375 Posts
Thats it..... There is some light rust here and there but any where else the body looks clean as hell.. it is just there... I don't understand it

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
God dang :eek:

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
A big piece of 1/2" sheet steel under that hole might add a little more weight to one side than there should be, Gentz. :dunno: However you want to fix it, though.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Mike that really sucks. :( Dave and I saw a Gen 3 that was missing a rocker due to rust and it really looks sad...

Anthony... 1/2" really does seem overly excessive... but yeah. Not much rust on your car, weird that the floor was first to go. I've got rust only on the front passenger floor and it isn't bad at all.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts