Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
81 - 93 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
23,813 Posts
Hey Sheiia, you know and order a TON of stuff from RA... Are you a Technician? (if you care to post personal info). PM me if you'd rather..
No, lol. I just service/repair many "family" cars. I have 3 Impalas in the driveways, I have 3 sons with 6 cars I service along with many other inlaws and outlaws, lol. I'm 72, retired, with time, experience and a cellar full of tools and parts.

·
Registered
11,500 Posts
No, lol. I just service/repair many "family" cars. I have 3 Impalas in the driveways, I have 3 sons with 6 cars I service along with many other inlaws and outlaws, lol. I'm 72, retired, with time, experience and a cellar full of tools and parts.
I have '11 Buick Lucerne for reason. My first GM. Need a column shift, open center seating, good size, quiet, comfortable car. Little to choose from. Had it 4 years. Very nice car, Old people car.
GM has some years with brake line fails, as in my '11. Local shop replaced all my lines and have seen several GM in for rusted lines, mostly pickup. Might keep an eye on that with GM.
Over your next 10 years, you might find the "time" gets shorter, and the knees get sorer. Got cortisone shots in both knees yesterday. Every 3 months for the last 10+ years. I'm lucky to have that work and not need surgery. (yet)
-chart-

·
Registered
437 Posts
I have '11 Buick Lucerne for reason. My first GM. Need a column shift, open center seating, good size, quiet, comfortable car. Little to choose from. Had it 4 years. Very nice car, Old people car.
GM has some years with brake line fails, as in my '11. Local shop replaced all my lines and have seen several GM in for rusted lines, mostly pickup. Might keep an eye on that with GM.
Over your next 10 years, you might find the "time" gets shorter, and the knees get sorer. Got cortisone shots in both knees yesterday. Every 3 months for the last 10+ years. I'm lucky to have that work and not need surgery. (yet)
-chart-
I had both knees done last year. I am just getting all my range back, and I can bend down completely without severe pain. Ironically, I had the same repairs done on both knees, from completely separate injuries. One slip on ice in yard (real bad), and a lockout collapse of my other knee (not as bad). I had the ACL and MCL repaired with cadaver tissue and the meniscus repaired by dissection. Same damn exact damage on both knees. I can now bend down and work from a low position without a serious amount of pain. Glad I had the surgery though, my knees haven't felt this good since high school.

Are either of you guys candidates for knee replacement? My grandfather had his left knee done about 11 years ago, at the age of 84. He immediately after surgery was able to bend and flex again without much pain. His range of motion and mobility was greatly improved. He said it was like a new lease on life. Point of all this babble is that if you qualify just get it done. I've heard so many good stories in the past five years I'd have it done without any doubts or fears at all.

81 - 93 of 93 Posts