Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I make the cabin quieter inexpensively? Some foam spray on the wheel well, some foam pad in the firewall, some rubber coating on the chassis, etc? I know the engine is a lot noisier than new and so is the trans. Maybe I am dreaming for a new car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Use dynamat or a cheap knockoff of dynamat. It won't take much. Just cover the wheel wells and firewall. Some disassembly of interior will be required. Not sure how difficult that is with Fords.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Dynamat makes cut-to-fit sound mats that covers the whole floor inside the car. You'll have to remove the seats, center console (if it has one), and pull up the carpet. It's kinda alot of work, I'm thinking about installing a Dynamat in my little Accent. You maybe better off just having the car undercoated, esp if it's ever driven where there's road salt (these cars rust away fast in the north, so I hear). I always thought the Taurus was pretty quiet as-is, except for the transmission wine the ax4n is known for. Even different brands/types of tires can really change how much road noise is inside the car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts