Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 98 Taurus is officially too sick to live, and is being put down tomorrow. :(

bad starter, busted brake lines, bad transmission, broken springs, bad ball joints, bad inner tie rod ends, disintegrated rubber engine mounts, bad exhaust, and 184,000 miles were just too expensive to repair for a car worth about $400.

It was a great car, and the engine on it would probably have gone another 100,000 or more. Too bad...

I'll salvage a few parts from it before the tow guy comes to pay me $200 to haul it away.

We'll see if I get another Taurus or not.

·
Premium Member
1,870 Posts
Dang, I just sold my 98.

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
are you willing to sell some parts from it?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
are you willing to sell some parts from it?
Well, it's being towed tomorrow morning from the mechanics. I'm stopping by to pull the battery since it's new.

I wish it was in my driveway, then I'd part it out. But if you want something that's easy enough for me to pull when I stop by later, just let me know.

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Well, it's being towed tomorrow morning from the mechanics. I'm stopping by to pull the battery since it's new.

I wish it was in my driveway, then I'd part it out. But if you want something that's easy enough for me to pull when I stop by later, just let me know.
I need the plastic screws in the top of cowl and if it has a tan interior, the trim piece on the drivers side behind the inner door handle. and the passengers side air bag cover (mine is discolored) I'll pay whatever is fair plus shipping.

·
Registered
23,366 Posts
Db, you can get those blk. plastic cowl screws and their wht. retainers at the dorman Help! section @ auto parts store. Also, napa sells them in 10-20 pks. for cheap. Cant find the pk. for part#. sorry.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I need the plastic screws in the top of cowl and if it has a tan interior, the trim piece on the drivers side behind the inner door handle. and the passengers side air bag cover (mine is discolored) I'll pay whatever is fair plus shipping.
I'm going to go wait for the tow guy tomorrow, if I have enough time before he gets there I'll see what I can do about pulling that stuff for you.

My interior is tan, but I don't think I have many cowl screws left.

·
Registered
23,366 Posts
I think i got the #41099 @ adv. auto parts. They seemed to have had a lgr. selection than az or oreilly, although any of them can order them for you. I also bought some bulk from napa.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Where are you located to get $200 scrap price? They are only offering $100-$125 here in kc.
I'm in Boston MA. One guy quoted $150, and this guy said $200 so he wins haha. If I took it to them it would have been more, but with no brakes, thats kind of hard.

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
I'm going to go wait for the tow guy tomorrow, if I have enough time before he gets there I'll see what I can do about pulling that stuff for you.

My interior is tan, but I don't think I have many cowl screws left.

Thanks that would be awesome. The air bag cover is held on with clips to the dash and pops off with a flat head screwdriver. It has some webbing attaching it to the airbag module. Unbolt the two bolts holding the airbag module to the dash frame from inside the glove compartment and slide the whole assembly up to remove from the top of the dash. Once removed the bar holding the cover to the airbag can be rotated up and slid out the side to detach it from the airbag itself

I also need the interior trim behind the door handle (drivers side)

I was just informed I can get the screws at the parts store so don't worry about them.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks that would be awesome. The air bag cover is held on with clips to the dash and pops off with a flat head screwdriver. It has some webbing attaching it to the airbag module. Unbolt the two bolts holding the airbag module to the dash frame from inside the glove compartment and slide the whole assembly up to remove from the top of the dash. Once removed the bar holding the cover to the airbag can be rotated up and slid out the side to detach it from the airbag itself

I also need the interior trim behind the door handle (drivers side)

I was just informed I can get the screws at the parts store so don't worry about them.

Hey, sorry man, but I didn't get there in time. The guy was already there with his tow truck. Sorry....:(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts