Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey club members,

happy easter! im doing a major tune-up on the new taurus down to the LIM & figure i might as well do a big3 with the ground strap while im at it..

my question does any know where i can purchase 1/0 gauge ring terminals for cheap? also a reliable but inexpensive 250amp ANL fuse holder?

some background i want to do all 1/0 gauge everywhere when i run my system in the future (will have 2amps @ about 1400watts rms total plus interior lighting plus HIDs plus some other luxuries)..i already put in an optima red & will probably change to a H/O alternator before winter..

i found this 1/0 copper welding cable for cheap @ $2.51/ft. so that may be as good as it gets

RADAFLEX® 1/0 AWG Black Welding Cable

but i will need some inexpensive 1/2" ring terminals & a ANL fuseholder. i already looked @ knukonceptz & will be getting their battery terminals (only terminals i saw with 3 1/0 outs) but i heard they have issues with fuses melting?

& if anyone knows where i can find some colored wire looms or shrink tubing for some engine decor (doing purple accents & painting manifold/valve cover) ..PLZ fill me in

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah knukonceptz has some good products. the post before this i said i got a set of +/- terminals from there. the konfused terminals. i never saw 3 1/0 gauge in/outs like that! gives you many options. thing is their pure copper wire is almost $4/ft. not that bad for 0 gauge. but i found semi-flexible welding wire @ $2/ft and the interior wires that interlock are bigger than the knukonceptz 36ga. i ordered 15ft for my big3 just to play it safe. will probably use about 10ft of that. i can save the rest for amp grounding or something..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts