Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this post. i have had my '96 sable ls for 2 years and i dont have any complaints on it!!! i just have a question about rims. i was wondering if 18x8s would fit and what all i would have to do to make them fit if they dont? also if they do what tires would you all suggest? Thanks! Matt

·
Registered
423 Posts
Yes they will fit. For an 8" wide wheel you'd want the offset to be right at 38mm. I have 235/45's on my 18's, but you could also go with 225/45's.

Hope this helps.

BTW, welcome to the club!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks man i am looking at rims that on the site have a off set of +21, +42 and back spacing of 5.33 what ever this all means i dont know rims and all so i can really use the help. with the suggestion you gave you dont have any rubbin or anything? thanks again

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
Stock offset is 40mm, 42mm is acceptable, but if your going with 8" wide tires, you will want a 38 like sugested....i have a 35mm offset and they may still rub, not sure till i mount em this week.

Brad

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok thanks so basically those rims are a no go then?? any suggestions on some nice rims that would look nice on a dark red sable? 17 or 18s perferably

Matt

·
Premium Member
10,632 Posts
Originally posted by Matt22Hawk@Apr 11 2004, 09:44 PM
ok thanks so basically those rims are a no go then?? any suggestions on some nice rims that would look nice on a dark red sable? 17 or 18s perferably

Matt
Well, I don't know exactly what you'd want.. but I think on the T-red Sable/Taurus it should be chrome with 5 spokes
hell yea.

I've got a Toradore Red Taurus (now) with SHO wheels.

Oh, and welcome to the club!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the welcome! i defently am going with chrome but i run in to a problem when it comes to 5 spoke for some reason i am not a big fan of them. i am one that likes to stand out and ever car around here has 5 spoke so that might be it. i mean i can live with them and will probably end up getting some 5 spoke. i have been told that the Eagle Alloy seires 077 would look nice on it but i dont really know. but then again the one that told me that told me that there was no way in hell that 18s would fit. so who know.

Any suggestions on any chrome rims is cool as long as the phatt thanks again.

Matt

·
Registered
132 Posts
Heres 5 spoke aluminum rims on my 1994 Taurus... im live in nowheresville ontario... So around here.. ANY aluminum is a new sight!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i stopped by a friend's today who works at a local tire and rim shop he looked at the specs and said that they would fit with out rubbing but he said he was not 100% possitive... thoughts anyone? i was also told by another person that i would be able to put those rims on and still have room to lower it with out rubbing... like i have said before i really dont know so all the help, thoughts etc would be nice thanks

Matt

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have found a site that has the rims I have been lookin at with the correct bolt pattern and with 2 options with off set of +38mm backspacing of 6" and option 2 off set of +21 backspacing 5.33" i was wondering if those these would work... i am guessing yes b/c of every one saying i would need to go with an off set of 38... so i am guessin that those would be the ones that would work am I right in saying this?
Thanks again

Matt

1 - 10 of 10 Posts