Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guy, question...what is the biggest size rims you could put on the taurus without it looking,well,ridiculios(bad spelling,i know)i mean, 15?17?, any help.thanks

·
Premium Member
14,356 Posts
I say a 17 or 18"(MAX) would be best. Anything more than that is just rediculous, and makes ANY car look like a donk.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Ridiculous depends on the person. Some people can go as far as 20. To me, 17 or 18 depending on the rim, but I'd prefer 17.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
As long as you don't have rubberbands for tires.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys really appricate the input, my thinking was...love old school Cragar mags, but for the taurus ,close as i can get is 17x7 inch,so ,thought i'd ask

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
black 19" centerlines looked BADASS on the gen4 sho, cant find a pic of it right now though. so 19" is definetly the "biggest" without looking big i guess, my 20's raise it up a bit and gets the donk type persona going not too much though.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I say a 17 or 18"(MAX) would be best. Anything more than that is just rediculous, and makes ANY car look like a donk.
New SHO's with the performance package have 20" rims and it looks fine, so you can't label a certain rim size as being too big for all cars. But I do agree that anything above 19" on a older taurus starts to looks stupid.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts