Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had just bought 20'' rims for my '99 sable and the back rim rubs on my shock, anybody know if i put 1/4inch wheel spacers if it would clear, and where to buy them? (my rim rubs not the tire) thanx

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
It depends on the offset of the rims. Quarter inch spacers should work, but you're going to put a higher load on the wheel studs, and you might end up rubbing the fender with the tire.

JR

·
Premium Member
1,407 Posts
i had just bought 20'' rims for my '99 sable and the back rim rubs on my shock, anybody know if i put 1/4inch wheel spacers if it would clear, and where to buy them? (my rim rubs not the tire) thanx
[/b]
Im not sure what your offset is but maybe try adjusting the pinch bot on the rear strusts it will give you like 1-1.5 inches.

And your trans will definitely be toast here in a couple months after pushing those 20's around.
:(
[/b]
:huh: how so... hell my 20's with the tires on are 3 pounds lighter than my 18's. Plus if he get the right size tires to where they have the same rotation as stock he will be fine. I've ran my 20's for about 1.5 years now. There was a time that I was driving 3 times a week from my house to lubbock tx, which is a 3 hour drive 1 way. :blink: So you know it was getting some miles on there . And my SE is running just fine without problems. :dunno: Have you even had 20's on your car m8? No offense but it seems that ppl that down the 20+ rims are people that have never even owned a set. :rolleyes2: Thats just my 2 cents.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
I down on the 20's+ because most of them, that I see on the roads, look like crap. Not all, but most.

I think Jose's AAS Taurus should get 20's. The gooood kind. :chili:

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
No offense but it seems that ppl that down the 20+ rims are people that have never even owned a set. :rolleyes2: Thats just my 2 cents. [/b]
That's like saying "people that put down crack are people that have never even smoked a rock". Well DUUUHH, of course people who think Dub's are retarded don't own a set. No offense :rolleyes: .

·
Premium Member
1,407 Posts
<div class='quotemain'> No offense but it seems that ppl that down the 20+ rims are people that have never even owned a set. :rolleyes2: Thats just my 2 cents. [/b]
That's like saying "people that put down crack are people that have never even smoked a rock". Well DUUUHH, of course people who think Dub's are retarded don't own a set. No offense :rolleyes: .
[/b][/quote]

:rofl2: lolz you made me crack up. Anyways I suppose your right. But he was sayin that it would burn up the tranny from the extra weight from the rims.. Which is complete bs lol if your tranny burns up from rim you have bigger problems. :dunno:

·
Registered
283 Posts
no offence but i second that notion that 20+ wheels are fugly. i personally don't really like chrome wheels period and 20+ wheels have more chrome to "show" off. just a preference tho i like painted alloy or polished but no so much the chrome. if u have run 20+ on ur ride before why were they not rubbing? did u replace a part or something?

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
The only way its going to hurt the trans, is if the tires are rubbing on something.(Includes your face)

·
Premium Member
1,407 Posts
The only way its going to hurt the trans, is if the tires are rubbing on something.(Includes your face)
[/b]
:rofl2: only reason I rubbed was cuz of 4 people in my car. One was like 170ish one 150ish one 180ish and my 290ish big ass plus about 200 in audio equipment.. lol of course the tires in the rear rubbed on bumps but all i did was adjust the pinch bolt on the rear struts and that gave me 1.5 to 2 inches :mj_banana:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts