Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is what happens when you paint your rims the way you want, then your friend convinces you to do it his way, then it looks like **** and you do it your way again.
My way

His way

My "new way"

Edit: Also painted the calipers Ford Racing Blue

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
erm... it didn't work... TCCA uses the coding with the square brackets, not the >< ones.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Ultimate HTM-Fail. Use the [ img ] [/ img ] (no spaces between the word and the letters) tags, with the image's URL between the tags. :)

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Looks pretty bad all three ways. As far as the outcome, if you like the black steelie look that's what counts. I know those aren't steel wheels but that's the look the car will have going down the road.

A note on the paint, any particular reason you painted over the weights and didn't remove them?

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
:( I really liked the first way.

And you're right about your friend's idea... :lol:, looks like this:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks pretty bad all three ways. As far as the outcome, if you like the black steelie look that's what counts. I know those aren't steel wheels but that's the look the car will have going down the road.

A note on the paint, any particular reason you painted over the weights and didn't remove them? [/b]
Actually, I was going to remove them but forgot to remove them. I only have two coats on as of now but will add a third coat soon

:( I really liked the first way.

And you're right about your friend's idea... :lol: , looks like this:

[/b]
Haha my thoughts exactly. I wish I could have gotten the "chrome lip" back, but its not possible

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Couldn't you sand down the edges? Or are the wheels just chrome plated?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Couldn't you sand down the edges? Or are the wheels just chrome plated? [/b]
I sanded down the edges but I almost cut my tire open so I havent attempted to recently. It also put a brushed alluminum feel on it so it has a different pattern on it.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
The first way was the most tolerable. Had you painted every other "petal", it probably would have looked pretty cool.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Take those tires off sandblast them and get them powdercoated black...

Otherwise the first way looked best.

:puke:

But if you like it, thats all that matters.

·
Premium Member
617 Posts
There are times when you shouldn't listen to your friends - this was one of them. The first design had potential. I'm not fond of the end result, I'd strip 'em and start over.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts

[/b]
Be careful powdercoating aluminum wheels. I've seen several that have been powdercoated crack, and eventually fail because they became brittle. Notice that all wheels from the factory that have a "color" (usually silver) are painted. A professionally done paint job makes them look quite good. Rattle can jobs usually look like cheap ass.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]
Be careful powdercoating aluminum wheels. I've seen several that have been powdercoated crack, and eventually fail because they became brittle. Notice that all wheels from the factory that have a "color" (usually silver) are painted. A professionally done paint job makes them look quite good. Rattle can jobs usually look like cheap ass. [/b][/quote]

Yea, I'm not looking to spend that much money though.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts