Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a gen 2 wagon and I was wondering what years and what vehicles rims would fit my car. Like would another year taurus rim fit my car? Or would a mustang or any other ford rim fit my car. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Not positve about all this, but I think that all rims from any taurus will fit another, rims from a the earlier thunderbirds, and ones from lincoln mark VIII's. I think the bolt pattern is 5x108 and I'm not sure what the offset is.

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Yeah, Taurus,Sable, and Thunderbird run a 5x108 pattern. I'm not sure about the stock offset but I know 35+ on an 8 inch wide tire.

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
All Taurus wheels are interchangable.

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
and I beleive, but don't quote me on this, the Escapes as well

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
I saw a guy with Windstar rims on his GEN3. They looked odd.

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
Mark VIII wheels will fit... 5x108mm 39mm positive offset:

·
Registered
470 Posts
All Taurus wheels 86-04 are 5x108mm or 5x4.25 (same thing) with a 35-42 offset generally. All Taurus wheels are interchangeable, with the exception that Gen 4's require atleast a 16" rims because of the size of the brakes. Also, with your wagon, you have to watch the width of any aftermarket rims, as the lip on the back of your wagon may not allow for wide wheels. I can find a list of most of the cars, but I don't have the resources at the moment, because im not at home. Older T-bird wheels work on the taurus, not the newer ones though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts