Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

1995 Taurus GL, 3.8L

I had my taurus about a month (whatta nice car!), and I now notice that when ever i make RIGHT turns, i hear the front wheels squeaking bad. Turning LEFT i hear a faint squeaking once in a great while, but definelty not as much as goin right.

The sound is like metal on metal when the brake pads wear thin.

I took off the front wheels to look around and the brake pads are thick and good (both sides), the rotors are smooth, no grooves, and i didnt see any leaking.

My knowledge is limited with these newer cars, i always had pre '75 cars, but i'm learnin'...lol

I was just wonderin if any y'all had the same prob? or could maybe point me in the direction to tackle the prob?

Also, when i go down the road past 30mph, i feel the front of the car shake a lil'. I thought the wheels may be off balance, but now I am wondering if this problem and the squeaking are hand in hand.

Thanks for any help, Have a good day

--Justin

·
Registered
461 Posts
Im not sure about the steering noise but the vibrating noise sounds like the CV Joints are bad. It could be also related to the steering problem.

·
Registered
341 Posts
did you clean the rotors? they build up road grime and brake dust, and they kinda glaze over and that will cause them to squeak. autozone has cleaner for like next to nothing.

as for the vibrating...the balance is the very first thing i'd check. then the tires themselves...any busted belts? tread wearing unevenly?

good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts