Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My right turn signal has been giving me some problems lately. 80% of the time it works perfectly fine, but the other 20% of the time it screws up and starts blinking really fast on the dash. (But I don't think the actual signals on the outside are blinking when this happens). What is causing this? On my previous vehicles, when the turn signal blink fast it meant a bulb was out. But, this isn't the case...


Any suggestions?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
369 Posts
We had the same problem in our beetle. The bulb doesn't have to be out for it to happen. It just has to be close to dead.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts
2 possibilites
1. THe multifunctions switch could be acting up (less likely) you can try opening and cleaning
2. The more likely problem is thatthe flasher fuse is going bad. There are two fuses for the turn signals- one provides power to bulb the other cycles the power on and off
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
712 Posts
Replace your turn signal fluid. Make sure to use DOT 9 fluid.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
15,922 Posts
I would say it's the flasher unit. My friend's Escort has the same problem, but the outside lights are blinking as fast as the dash indicator.
 
J

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
My car did this last week, but it quit after a couple more turns... not sure what the deal was.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top