Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight I was riding out with one of my friends, just cruisin looking for street races. Didn't find much, but I did get to race a cavalier. I wouldn't even have bothered, but he kind of tricked with some kind of turbo whistler or something similar. His car had that high pitched whistle, and I was gullible enough to think this guy actually had some work done. But, I should have known better when I saw the "euro" lights and gay lookin stickers. So, I pull into the turning lane to follow him and look over while we're waiting for the light. When the light changes I hear him get on it, so I floor it about half way through the turn and start to squeal the tires pretty good and get a nice slide through the turn, and by about about 55 this guy is no where to be found. I thought "Maybe he lost traction too, and just figured we'd catch a light." Well, we caught a light, I gave him a nod and a grin, then I checked out his passengers. Now that I got a good look and the guy and the two girls with him, it definitely looks like high schoolers. I figured I'd teach him lesson. So when this light changed I blew his freakin doors off. I pulled a car length by 15-20, and as soon I hit the torque curve I just walked him. Really bad. I had a few bus lengths by 75 and figured he'd had enough.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I won't even tell you to watch out for Cavaliers like I did with the 240sx because they do suck. Though I do have a good story about a '93 Cavalier station wagon... Jumped a creek bed with it. Ah, the wonderful things you can do with crap cars because you just don't care about them. I will say that the older Cavaliers are tanks... We abused that thing so much and it STILL runs. I'm amazed.

·
Premium Member
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by beefstu01@Jun 6 2004, 02:08 AM
I won't even tell you to watch out for Cavaliers like I did with the 240sx because they do suck. Though I do have a good story about a '93 Cavalier station wagon... Jumped a creek bed with it. Ah, the wonderful things you can do with crap cars because you just don't care about them. I will say that the older Cavaliers are tanks... We abused that thing so much and it STILL runs. I'm amazed.
LOL That reminds me of the part in Road Trip when they jump the bridge with the taurus.

Normally, I wouldn't even waste the gas racing a cavalier unless it's z24, or if I think the guy put some work into it. I must have been pretty tired/groggy to actually think somebody would turbo charge a cavalier. :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by Firespirit@Jun 6 2004, 09:55 AM
Sweet deal :) I wish I could find a worthy race :(

It's either racing civics, trucks, or grand am gts ... lmao. the last one I always lose to. (Damn it Josh!)
I know what you're saying but, the best place to find a fair race is usually at the drag strip for a test & tune night.

Me and my friend drove around for about 3 hours(~11:30-2:30am) and we only got about 2 races in each of our cars. We drove an old a** pontiac le mans for a while. It's not fast, but it's yellow, old, and really loud so a lot of the idiots around here think it's fast. :lol: You get a lot of attention in that terd. We impressed some kids in a kia :rolleyes: and raced some spanish guy in a pathfinder who had a lot of birthday ballons with him. Mostly, I just got a headache from the fumes and the noise.

I raced the cav, and a neon that wasn't even worth posting.

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
Originally posted by mikehawk@Jun 6 2004, 10:52 AM
raced some spanish guy in a pathfinder who had a lot of birthday ballons with him. Mostly, I just got a headache from the fumes and the noise.

:rofl:

I'm gonna start trolling the strip now with my new toy. We took it on the highway today and scared the piss out of some older guy in a early-nineties V6 Camaro, just rolled side-by-side with him @ 60 mph and floored it, the guy jerked the wheel when I went by him. I didn't realize it was an old guy, I just thought he was some kid that might like to try and run it up a bit. :oops:

·
Premium Member
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by TrueBlue+Jun 7 2004, 02:16 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TrueBlue @ Jun 7 2004, 02:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-mikehawk@Jun 6 2004, 10:52 AM
raced some spanish guy in a pathfinder who had a lot of birthday ballons with him.  Mostly, I just got a headache from the fumes and the noise.

:rofl:

I'm gonna start trolling the strip now with my new toy. We took it on the highway today and scared the piss out of some older guy in a early-nineties V6 Camaro, just rolled side-by-side with him @ 60 mph and floored it, the guy jerked the wheel when I went by him. I didn't realize it was an old guy, I just thought he was some kid that might like to try and run it up a bit. :oops: [/b][/quote]
Cool, I think I saw it in another post. Was it that SHO with the rims and some work done? The quaife is like LSD for FWD, right? Are you going to take it to track anytime soon?

I've been wanting to go since I got my AMS chip, but it's like 60 miles away, and it's been hot and rainy lately. I'd hate to drive all the way out there to find out it's closed.

·
Registered
359 Posts
The family and I were coming back home from King's Island yesterday and I saw an immaculately clean and well-kept 93 Cavalier RS. It had the 3.1 in it and the guy had an odd looking dual exhaust. The 3.1's always did growl a bit, but this one was louder and had a nice tone to it. I had to give the guy credit for keeping the car looking that good. I'm not sure how much mechanical work had been done on the car, but I would have liked to have found out.

The pipes were set a little closer together than you'd expect to see and they curved up a bit and were a very shiny chrome-like finish. They weren't fart cannons, though they did have a small, canister-like appearance to them right before the outlet.

Oh, and I saw a nice-looking silver Gen3 SHO on a Ford lot for sale as we were driving through town. The price on the front said $7995. I wanted to stop and look, but the kids were tired and we were ready to go home.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts