Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I thought this was funny.. I happened to look up the word "RICE" in the dictionary, only to come up with the following explinations.

rice

An automobile that has been equipped with gawdy, unnesecary accessories, such as 3' high spoilers, loud and/or repulsive paint job and body work. Owners of such automobiles feel that these accessories make their car the best in the world, when in fact it is not.

That Prelude over there is nice, but this here Civic ain't nothin but a rice mobile

v. To take a s***ty jap car, add some Vtech stickers, spoiler, and **** up the camber.

I just spent $12000 ricing up a $8000 piece of s***.

any modification that is supposed to make a car look fast, when in fact it does nothing for speed, and may in fact hurt performance, or any vehicle that has been subjected to this treatment. note that any make of vehicle may be "riced". gaudy, pointless, absurd body modifications and paint schemes, annoying bees hive exhaust tips. asians are the best at "ricing" a vehicle, along with spoiled rich white high-school teenagers.

after watching super2nr tv, lets go check out the rice section of pep-boys.

To excessively modify and augment the physical appearance of sub compact economy vehicles in an attempt to make it them fast. Examples include unsightly body kits, oversised mufflers, (which are actually detremental to performance) neon lighting, thousands of decals, and of course, twenty inch rims which are far too heavy for these vehicles to handle.

Jimmy G thought he was "dopey-fresh" in his riced out Honda. That was, until my Bronco used it as a ramp.

a gay civic

fast and the furious

A POS civic with 40 yellow stickers and a retarded driver who thinks its fast. Pushing 16s aint cool.

Civics
Integras

Modifing any car to make it seem faster than it is.

Putting a "Type-R" badge on a civic ex.

See the movie 2Fast 2Furiuos that is about as much rice as you'll ever need to see

Rice (n) , What a asian vehicle is that takes more torque to hold the wheels on then the hamster motor makes.

ying yang put 10 k in his rice mobile and still can beat a stock Fbody.

Another Retarded "Car" term used by people that half no life besides their automobile

"I am cool, so I riced out my car while my friend got laid."

Slow a** Japanese car that uses thnks it will go faster with 2 15" subs blasting Trance music. It also has an engine that has less torque than it takes tighten the lugs on the pionless 20" rims that replaced the stock 13" rims that were too damn big for the engine to move! see also Hond Civic

Wow, that Honda ran the 1/4 in just under 17 seconds! Now that is rice at its finest!

1) an autocentric term used to bash any other type of car but one's own.
2) lots of plastic car modifications designed solely to make one's penis seem bigger than the little stub it really is.
3) that woman in washington who tells W. who to bomb back to the stone age

1)That rice civic piece of sh!* is no match for my ride.
2)Wow, the chicks will really dig me now that I have this $400 carbon fiber wing on the rear deck of my FWD honda.
3) Condolezza Rice, National Security Advisor.

a car that you've spent more money on stickers and stripes than your parents paid for it

Rice is a term used to describe a trend in the modern, American, car culture. An offshoot of the true underground street racing scene of the late 80s, where people want to become a part of the scene, though they were never really involved in it at the beginning. So when some one puts what would be considered Rice on their car it is in an effort to fit into the image of the street racer. The cheapest way to look like this way is with purely sensory modifications, Altezza lights, large muffler tips without any exhaust modifications, wild paint, wild body kits, spoilers, mismatched badges and stickers, large flamboyant rims, excessive stereo, etc.
Anything that would appear to add performance, but inreality does not.Though any care can be “riced” it usually occurs with sport compact cars both domestic, and foreign. The ricer modifies his or her car to please others, rather then himself, they are more concerned that their car looks fast, that if it is fast.

"That car is riced out."
"Look at that ricer."
"I dont like that, mod it is to rice for me."

A good food (1 billion chinese can't be wrong!)

An eco-freindly car with $10,000-$80,000 worth of upgrades that do nothing but make the car heavier, or look "better". Driven by Rice burners. Usually covered in bright colors like yellow. For a lot of rice, the amount of money spent on the car is equal, or more than, the amount of a new Corvette which would run faster anyway.

I LIKE RICE!

My civic's been Riced out.

Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhanced
or
Race Inspired Cosmetic Enchancements

Wow this car is so RICE!
or
Are you are Racer or a RICE-R

Adjective. The attitude of an import or domestic sport compact driver who knows how to talk down on other persons' vehicles, but doesn't know the first thing about building a car for performance, but DOES think that stickers, oversized wheels, excessively tall spoilers, and "fart-can" mufflers improve the performance of their vehicle and makes them the fastest, baddest race car driver on the face of the earth. Rice/Ricer is NOT someone who will talk down on someone and their vehicle, but has the knowledge and the vehicle to back up what he/she says. For example, Johnny is talking crap on Shawn's Camaro. Johnny drives a civic with a fartcan exhaust with 6" wide tip, has more vinyl stickers than he has hairs on his head, and says that he can beat Shawn's Camaro any day of the week, yet when challanged, wont back up what he thinks and says. An alternative example, Same situation, only this time, Johnny drives a built honda civic, that runs sub-12second 1/4mile runs. Johnny now challanges Shawn to a race at a racetrack. Johnny wins. Johnny is not a ricer.

Johnny is a ricer due to his attitude and lack of respect for those that can obviously hand him his own a**.

Honda car.

Honda Civic with "Type R" Stickers all over it. Big spoiler, fart can, lots of stickers, the more stickers the faster it goes.

Import car owners who add a 2 foot spoiler, a one inch ground clearance kit, a large tin can to the exhaust (which sounds like a go-cart) system and place chinese and japenese characters all over the car hoping it will travel faster. They think they have race cars. Very often found around chinese food places. Despite what may be thought, the only threat is their driving skill on the road and trying to navigate around them. Also believed to race sometimes, but never winning, even to a 1981 dodge omni

"hey ming-mong, my yerrow stickels can take his olange paint in a lace anyday, now let's go for some sushi and kaleoki"

a car with mods with no performance reason for them

yo, BRO!.....rice is meant to eat, not to drive

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
Oh look, I happen to passed by a car today that would be the picture in that dictionary

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
^^^

Ashley, that in depth explanation and definition of rice is a definate must know, just in case a riceboy decides to argue that his car isnt, that definition will prove him wrong! Yay!

·
Registered
369 Posts
If I'm not mistaken that would be a Mitsubishi Mirage. Now who the hell rices a Mirage??? Stupid people. I'd like to run that car over with a Hummer and crush it like the tin can that it is.

M

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by slider5634@Mar 29 2004, 07:41 AM
If I'm not mistaken that would be a Mitsubishi Mirage. Now who the hell rices a Mirage??? Stupid people. I'd like to run that car over with a Hummer and crush it like the tin can that it is.
:funnypost:

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts
Originally posted by slider5634@Mar 29 2004, 08:41 AM
It's a Lancer, actually.

Still looks like a** tho.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
What about this Lancer, is it RICE?

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Naw...it just stinks!

·
Registered
29 Posts
For those who care...

It's a Mirage, unless that picture was taken outside the United States. That model year for the Lancer wasn't exported here. The Lancer wasn't exported until 2003.

For those who care.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Originally posted by fordaspiregv@Mar 29 2004, 10:48 AM
What about this Lancer, is it RICE?

OMG I used to drive that (non-turbo'ed model). It sucks butt! That's not rice, it's just ugly (it has a turbo though).

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
LOL.. My friend's girlfriend used to drive a Lancer Turbo BUT the turbo was bad. It couldn't get out of its own way!

·
Registered
369 Posts
I'm positive it's a Mirage. Look at the tail lights. Either way, though, It still needs to be crushed. There's nothing I hate more than a clown car with lots of plastic and a giant fart canon. Besides, you know you've gone wrong somewhere when your car's had more cosmetic surgery than Britney Spears.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts