Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2001 Ford Taurus LX
29 Posts
As far as I'm aware, I don't see why the RHD model is more than a mirrored dash and steering rack. Coilovers should just be coilovers.

You're better off comparing the one on your car to the pictures of the one on Rockauto. Should be as easy as taking the wheel off and snapping a few pictures.

· Registered
1998 Taurus SE Sedan 3.0L24V AX4N 91Kmi
152 Posts
I'd avoid any "kits" of major parts. They usually contain the CHEAPEST of each part; not the BEST, which is what I prefer.

Reactions: rjacket

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As far as I'm aware, I don't see why the RHD model is more than a mirrored dash and steering rack. Coilovers should just be coilovers.

You're better off comparing the one on your car to the pictures of the one on Rockauto. Should be as easy as taking the wheel off and snapping a few pictures.
This is not a reliable method of determining which are the correct parts.

· Registered
2000 Taurus SES 12v
992 Posts
There is not a big difference between Left and Right anyway. For some brands both shocks are even identical. For the ones that are not, the difference is in the little bracket welded onto the strut where the stabilizer bar link goes. And even there, the L/R difference is in the way the rim of the bracket is bent so you can reach the inside nut of the link a bit easier with a box wrench.

This is not proof that LHD and RHD struts are identical, but I would be very surprised they were not.

Edit: not.

· Registered
1998 Taurus SE Sedan 3.0L24V AX4N 91Kmi
152 Posts
I'd call the local Ford parts department, and have them look up the prices & PNs of a few of the major parts that you suspect are different. Then see if RA and other etailers are selling those parts, and if they're the same PNs for typical LHDs.

· Administrator
14,329 Posts
rockauto customer service has been known to research parts, folks here have posted they've received assistance from them. That was a while back but it certainly seems worth a call.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts