12,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Product Name: Invisible Glass

Price:
Varies, $3-$10.

Description:
It cleans glass.

The Review:
Look, I hate bird doo-doo as much as the next guy. That's why I stick with Stoner's Invisible Glass. In reality, this gets everything off of windows. Everything. Tar, sap, stickers, soap scum, plasticizer residue (that gunk that builds up on the inside).

Personally, I've found the wipes to be more than satisfactory, though I find it typically takes two of them to fully clean one Taurus inside and out. They're also tint-safe, though you should always test your particular tint to make sure. I also have used the spray bottle, and it works just as well. Use it around the house and everything to great satisfaction.

Pros: Effective, safe, doesn't smell.

Cons:
Bit pricy compared to Uncle Bob's Cheap-o Glass Cleaner, especially the wipes.

Verdict: Just throw whatever junk you've been using out and get the good stuff already.

Disclaimer: Not liable for any injury, property damage, theft, fire, loss of pride, hives, allergies, or any other effects that may occur should you choose to follow this review.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
I have a seriously resilient residue that keeps reappearing on the inside of my windshield. I've cleaned it time and again and it always comes back, and it's incredibly annoying. It's hazy, resistant to chemical window cleaners (store-brand Windex), and makes driving into direct sunlight dangerous. Worst of all, I can't figure out what's causing it.

Think this stuff will work?

·
Has It Been That Long?
12,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's plasticiser haze, and yes it will. But it'll keep coming back because the plastics in your car release it.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
UGH. It doesn't seem like it happens in any other car in my family's fleet except mine, but as long as I can get rid of it for a while, I suppose...

·
TCCA Facebook Admin
3,981 Posts
LOL @ "loss of pride"

I've seen it in the store, but never tried it. Might be time...

·
Administrator
14,337 Posts
I've used this for many, many years and I swear by it. We were using it in the 5 car washes that I managed and it cleaned EVERY time. Even with those heavy smoker windshields(shutters when I think of the memories). I have used other specific glass cleaners and it's never cleaned as good as IG. I always have a bottle on hand, even for the sliding glass door in my house ;)

And I must say..... I'm happy someone FINALLY made a post in this section :)

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
I have a seriously resilient residue that keeps reappearing on the inside of my windshield. I've cleaned it time and again and it always comes back, and it's incredibly annoying. It's hazy, resistant to chemical window cleaners (store-brand Windex), and makes driving into direct sunlight dangerous. Worst of all, I can't figure out what's causing it.

Think this stuff will work?
Ever get a tiny hint of antifreeze smell in the cab?

On the Stoners, I like it pretty well but have not found it to be all I wish it was.. There is a ZEP all purpose cleaner that I also like pretty well for everything inside the car including glass. I have not seen it ever in a store but my work has it in the fleet service shop.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Yes, I have the haze too. On a fairly new windshield. And Standard Poodle nose prints. I've used Stoners, always had to laugh at the name tho.

It does work well, and you can get it at O'reillys or Autozone, maybe at Walmart.

·
Premium Member
1,505 Posts
I use IG and love it, think it does a great job...however, if you really want to clean your windshield to get all the gunk off of it, use a clay bar on it first, then use Invisible Glass...this is on the outside. I have never used a clay bar on the inside...IG seems to clean the inside great.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts